Extreme Sun Burn on Scalp

NeedHelp

Reaction score
Can Extreme Sun burn to the point that your scalp is pelling cause permenant hair loss, or hair loss at all? if so well your hair grow back after the sun burn is taken care of?

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
I have talked to a fella at work who has been shaving his down to the skin for years now (he is 36), and he says it is tough for him to grow hair again after all the years of skinning it. He has quite a rough caloused head now due to all the sun exposure from surfing etc.. That is the one reason I don't take it that far with the shave down, I'll save the save for my later years when it won't matter so much. It may vary from person to person as well as far as your hair managing to come back.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I don't think getting a sunburn on your scalp once would cause permenant damage. However I have read several places that the ultraviolet rays from the sun can damage the hair follicles over time. Take a look a pete sampras and andre agassi, they rarely wore hats in the sun during their glory years.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wish I could get my bleach white scalp to tan...everytime I rid the Couvre on vacation and try to tan my scalp, it just burns and peels. I don't know how to tan it?

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinning Sucks said:
I wish I could get my bleach white scalp to tan...everytime I rid the Couvre on vacation and try to tan my scalp, it just burns and peels. I don't know how to tan it?

You basically need to gently expose it to the sun, as this skin is more sensitive to ultravoilet rays.