Extending A Piece's Life - Silcon Mix

green1

Reaction score
I take my hair piece off when I get home everyday, and it has lasted me a year. I wash it when I change the tape about once/month. Use a deep repair conditioner which I leave on for a few hours which seems to be ok for keeping it soft. Has anyone tried 'Silicon Mix' which I have seen on amazon, or what techniques do you find work well?

I may be ordering direct from China next piece, 89USD for exactly what I have now (so long as it is what they say it is, and the pics are what the actual piece looks like). So for that price I will be just ordering new hair more frequently. Paid 5 times that for my current piece.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I'm impressed your piece withstood a year of normal wear and tear and still retained it's integrity. Has the color washed out any? I wore one for over 3 years and albeit I took good care of it only held up 6 months before cosmetic degradation began. It did handle a couple of home dye jobs, but if you are thinking of that then it's most likely you are due for a replacement. If I decided to do it again I would opt against compromising artificial authenticity over conserving a few dollar bills. Once you continue wearing an expired piece you can count your days of public illusion pretty much over. Thanx for sharing and all the best.