Exstatic Story (with pics)

exstatic

Reaction score
Ok, I thought I would add my two cents here.

Basically I noticed I had hair loss about 3 years ago when I met a mate after a long time, and the first thing he said to me was ' You're going Bald!!', I denied it, and said it only looks that way because its long.. and I left it at that.

About a year later, I changed jobs and met alot of new people, occasionally I got asked my age, I told them I was only 22, they said '.. I could have sworn you were at least 27, maybe its because of you receeding hairline..', I then often got comments from the hair dresser about how thin it was on top, it didnt really bother me too much, but I thought I may as well try and see if I can stop this!

I chatted to a hair dresser, and they basically said its all about scalp health, and being gentle with your hair, so I followed this practice for about 6 months, not being frisky on my hair and making sure I kept my scalp clean.. but this really didnt help much at all.

So I thought I would tackle it on my own, and use my nerdy ways to find a solution, and here I am :)

I basically started minoxidil straight away in October 2005 as I had already lost too much hair, and also Nizoral 1%, I knew this was only helping hair re-growth, and I needed to attack in other ways.

So I started spironolactone 5% in Mid November 2005, and upgraded to Nizoral 2% for an extra kick, I also use a combination of different thickening shampoos which seem to be great.

So thats about it up until now, I am pretty happy with how its all going so far, my hair is alot thicker on top, and I have considerable regrowth.

I think I'll hold out this regimen for a while, and see how it goes.. Im reluctant to use propecia, but will look at some other treatments like Copper Peptides, and maybe MSM.. will see how it all goes.

You can see progress pics here in my gallery - http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/exstatic/

Feel free to drop a message if ya want to chat :)

IDOASIS

Established Member
Reaction score
hi exstatic ,great results man!!!!!!

where can i get spironolactone 5% except minoxidil.com ???
is it doing the work at the temples??

exstatic

Reaction score
jeffsss said:
you really never noticed?
have you ever had thick hair?

It was probably more that I didnt 'want' to notice.. yes my hair was very thick.. and still is at the back.

exstatic

Reaction score
IDOASIS said:
hi exstatic ,great results man!!!!!!

where can i get spironolactone 5% except minoxidil.com ???
is it doing the work at the temples??

Not sure, thats where I get it.. and yep, seems to be working on the temples :)

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your results.

My hair is exactly like yours.

I think I'm going to go something like the route you have gone as months of research into Finasteride have made me extremely reluctant to start taking it. I'll probably be talking to you soon :).

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
-cj- said:

I think I'm going to go something like the route you have gone as months of research into Finasteride have made me extremely reluctant to start taking it. I'll probably be talking to you soon :).

Ivew been on Propecia for 10 mos. Im fine..

exstatic

Reaction score
-cj- said:

yea good call, I am totally against something that f.ucks with your hormones so much, and there is high chances of side effects, I just dont think gorwing your hair back is worth sacrificing other parts of your body.

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
exstatic said:
-cj- said:

yea good call, I am totally against something that f.ucks with your hormones so much, and there is high chances of side effects, I just dont think gorwing your hair back is worth sacrificing other parts of your body.

Well here I am!

Have Xandrox 5% and spironolactone 2% sitting right in front of me. I think I'm going to start tonight.

Any tips you have or anything? Do you have any updated pictures?

I'm going with:
Morning:
1mL Xandrox 5%

Night:
Daub the 2% spironolactone on affected areas.
then
1mL Xandrox 5%

I'll be using AC Revitalize Shampoo & Conditioner then AC Spray after the shower. I also use Nizoral 1% 2x/weekly.

Thanks dude.

Goingat20

Reaction score
cj for your night application, you should put the xandrox first then dab the spironolactone. But its up to you

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
cj for your night application, you should put the xandrox first then dab the spironolactone. But its up to you
Per Dr. Lee
Apply 2% spironolactone 10 minutes before applying minoxidil or Xandrox to keep minoxidil off the surface of the roll-on dauber. The chemical reaction of minoxidil with the spironolactone can form an offensive odor on the dauber after a few hours.

Reason being that his 2% spironolactone has the dauber, which is kinda odd really.

I'll see though, I just barely used the Xandrox for my first time actually. I'm going to ease into it :).