Excessive Oily Hair Ends with 1st Dose

laevanay

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I am new to this forum, but have problems with my hair for a very long time.

I have had excessive oily hear; I mean I would shower in the morning and by midday I would have a greasy head of hair. I tried everything diet change; my Doctor gave me Nizorol and some other shampoo like Clorbitrol or something like that, but remarkably my first week into Propecia my greasy hair dried up! I am soo happy. Have not started Rogain yet, will be doing to as soon as my Rogain arrives.

Anyone have any comments on this?

Shak

jeffsss

Reaction score
laevanay said:
Hi Guys!

I am new to this forum, but have problems with my hair for a very long time.

I have had excessive oily hear; I mean I would shower in the morning and by midday I would have a greasy head of hair. I tried everything diet change; my Doctor gave me Nizorol and some other shampoo like Clorbitrol or something like that, but remarkably my first week into Propecia my greasy hair dried up! I am soo happy. Have not started Rogain yet, will be doing to as soon as my Rogain arrives.

Anyone have any comments on this?

Shak

how bad is your hair? do you need regrowth?

only reason i'm asking is b/c you should see if just propecia will work for you, and not go rogaine route yet if your happy with how much hair is on your head.

few years down the road you wont be able to add things like rogaine since youve been using it all along.

laevanay

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Jeffsss.

Well to be honest the reason why I went on Propecia was the fact that I lost a lot of hair. I mean I have hair, but its thinned out across my head. Temples etc are OK, don't have the helipad on the back of my head yet, but if I don't do anything now, I feel its just a matter of month before getting a shiny smooth spot.

BTW: Is there a place here where we can upload pics of our head/hair?

Shak

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
laevanay said:
Thanks for the reply, Jeffsss.

Well to be honest the reason why I went on Propecia was the fact that I lost a lot of hair. I mean I have hair, but its thinned out across my head. Temples etc are OK, don't have the helipad on the back of my head yet, but if I don't do anything now, I feel its just a matter of month before getting a shiny smooth spot.

BTW: Is there a place here where we can upload pics of our head/hair?

Shak

http://www.imageshack.us/ :)

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
hmmmm, you've thinned pretty bad on top, but it really depends on how unsatisfactory your hair is to you. If i was at that point i'd probably throw minoxidil in immediately. But you may just want to give finasteride 6 months to a year to work and then reassess.

laevanay

Reaction score
So am I hopeless?

The greasiness is coming back on the 3rd week on Propecia. Plus Rogaine has made my head sensitive; now I apply it only once a day (5%) and it seems managable.

Lev