Even in the japanese language hair = god

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kamikaze means "spirit wind"/"god wind", so does that mean it can also mean "hair wind"?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kamikaze means "spirit wind"/"god wind", so does that mean it can also mean "hair wind"?
No, they are etymologically unrelated homophones (please don't be childish now...)

On a related note; there's a shrine for a Kami, who used to be a famous barber in the Kamakura period and transcended into kamihood. Mikami jinja (shrine) in Arashiyama, Kyoto. Baldies go there to pray for more hair.
I think I passed it once without realizing, but I'm not entirely sure. Might leave a plaque there for hairlosstalk in the future.

http://things-to-do-in-kyoto.com/discoverkyoto/do-you-know-the-shrine-that-baldies-go-to/

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, they are etymologically unrelated homophones (please don't be childish now...)

On a related note; there's a shrine for a Kami, who used to be a famous barber in the Kamakura period and transcended into kamihood. Mikami jinja (shrine) in Arashiyama, Kyoto. Baldies go there to pray for more hair.
I think I passed it once without realizing, but I'm not entirely sure. Might leave a plaque there for hairlosstalk in the future.

http://things-to-do-in-kyoto.com/discoverkyoto/do-you-know-the-shrine-that-baldies-go-to/
Sure, I know the word comes from the typhoons that ruined the Mongol fleets that were going to invade Japan, it was more in a joking manner (should have made it clearer).

Yeah can't be great to be bald and especially young on top of that in Japan and East Asia in general. I heard that men with combovers are said to have "barcode hair" or something like that rofl.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Indeed these words are just homonyms. In my language “hair” and “her” are the same words, but it does not mean anything either :)

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This makes me think of Gon's powered up form in Hunter x Hunter. (For those unfamiliar with the show, his hair basically becomes longer than any normal human's and floats straight up above his head vertically.)

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
This makes me think of Gon's powered up form in Hunter x Hunter. (For those unfamiliar with the show, his hair basically becomes longer than any normal human's and floats straight up above his head vertically.)
It wasn't longer due to his massive power. But due to the fact that he aged many years in a minute and that what his hair would look like if he never cut it