Even If They Find A Way To Create Implanted Follicles There's Still A Problem...

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
If you have Androgenetic Alopecia then you have probably lost some of the fat in your scalp. You need enough fat in your scalp to support terminal hairs. Many of us would need some kind of fat replacement therapy in the scalp and I don't think that's legal. I don't even know if fat tissue that's implanted into the scalp would stay there permanently.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
InBeforetheCure should clarify so I don't skew his interpretation, but it may be that the hairs with ess DHT sensitivity can adjust the tissues around them, implanting themselves in and forming deeper fat where it's needed. Correctly transplanted hairs usually work just fine, I think the fat transfer things are totally unnecessary, just picking one effect of Androgenetic Alopecia and trying to profit from it. Kerastem didn't work anyway.

Last edited:

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
InBeforetheCure should clarify so I don't skew his interpretation, but it may be that the hairs with ess DHT sensitivity can adjust the tissues around them, implanting themselves in and forming deeper fat where it's needed. Correctly transplanted hairs usually work just fine, I think the fat transfer things are totally unnecessary, just picking one effect of Androgenetic Alopecia and trying to profit from it. Kerastem didn't work anyway.

Yeah, signals from the hair follicles themselves remodel the surrounding tissue.

Growth and regeneration of one tissue within an organ compels accommodative changes in the surrounding tissues. However, the molecular nature and operating logic governing these concurrent changes remain poorly defined. The dermal adipose layer expands concomitantly with hair follicle downgrowth, providing a paradigm for studying coordinated changes of surrounding lineages with a regenerating tissue. Here, we discover that hair follicle transit-amplifying cells (HF-TACs) play an essential role in orchestrating dermal adipogenesis through secreting Sonic Hedgehog (SHH). Depletion of Shh from HF-TACs abrogates both dermal adipogenesis and hair follicle growth. Using cell type-specific deletion of Smo, a gene required in SHH-receiving cells, we found that SHH does not act on hair follicles, adipocytes, endothelial cells, and hematopoietic cells for adipogenesis. Instead, SHH acts directly on adipocyte precursors, promoting their proliferation and their expression of a key adipogenic gene, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ (Pparg), to induce dermal adipogenesis. Our study therefore uncovers a critical role for TACs in orchestrating the generation of both their own progeny and a neighboring lineage to achieve concomitant tissue production across lineages.

Hair follicles’ transit-amplifying cells govern concurrent dermal adipocyte production through Sonic Hedgehog

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have Androgenetic Alopecia then you have probably lost some of the fat in your scalp. You need enough fat in your scalp to support terminal hairs. Many of us would need some kind of fat replacement therapy in the scalp and I don't think that's legal. I don't even know if fat tissue that's implanted into the scalp would stay there permanently.

if this were true, hair transplants wouldn't work...

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if this were true, hair transplants wouldn't work...
and the truth is transplant didn't work otherwise it wud have been a cure.
the transplanted hair also thins out over time just like the normal hair but it takes a bit more time to thin out since they were taken from the back where they are less prone to DHT.

project100

Established Member
Reaction score
the transplanted hair also thins out over time just like the normal hair but it takes a bit more time to thin out since they were taken from the back where they are less prone to DHT.
Source?

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
None of the hairs are fully DHT resistant. And aging thins the hairs as well.
but have u never wondered y the front hair are more prone to Dht but not the back ones?
and just out of nowhere nature decided to choose the front and top one to be attacked by dht right ?
and that's why the transplanted surgeons say the transplanted hair will remain forever because they are not DHT susceptible.
SCIENCE DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.
there has to be a reason why the hair at back doesn't miniaturize. Look at the thickness of the back of the scalp and compare with the front one.
the thickness has to do something with it.
we have already seen how abnormal is the head shape of a bald man.
like it had expanded.
if our scalp thickness was maintained during the skull expansion, i don't think we wud have suffered male pattern baldness.
this is very obvious because since birth our skull is expanding, but hey we didn't have any pattern baldness in our childhood or during puberty however suddenly at the end of puberty or after it, we started balding only because our skull didn't stop expanding or remodeling and thus the scalp fails to cope up with the expansion.

All we need is to get back the thickness.
Dht starts to attack only when the skin becomes thin not before that. This also explains why male pattern baldness doesn't affect all the ppl at a particular age.
male pattern baldness corresponds with the skull expansion the timing of which varies from person to person
When there will be a cure (hopefully that happens within these ten years), i am damn sure there won't be a single issue with the concept of increased DHT or DHT susceptible. YES DHT has a big hand in male pattern baldness but it's only the driving factor and that's all and this is the very reason why we don't have a cure for male pattern baldness even tho we have androgen blockers.

tbh my gut says something deep is going in these Hair transplant industries, they never want the cure to be discovered i guess.
I am not a scientist or any researcher so don't start an argument.

i only wish these new upcoming treatments come out in the market soon since these are stem cell therapies ( not only just DHT thing), there is a good chance one of them may turn out to be the cure.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The hair follicles on the back/sides react differently to androgen exposure than the balding ones because of genetics. I don't see why that explanation isn't satisfying enough.

The whole hair transplant industry got started because docs were noticing the "donor dominance" of hair in different areas of the scalp. Combat injury victims had chunks of scalp skin moved around during reconstructive surgery. The hair always kept acting like its native location, years and decades later.

The hair transplant industry might be blocking a better baldness treatment just like the wheelchair industry might be blocking a better spinal regeneration treatment. Not likely.

Last edited:

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
no, due to stem cells damage during the procedure (ref. feriduni et al.)

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
fat comes with anagen. new (healthy) follicles, then fat.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
fat comes with anagen. new (healthy) follicles, then fat.
so once u force the hair to get back in the anagen phase by using the upcoming treatments (maybe), the thickness will come back.
am i right here?

Tomtom21

Established Member
Reaction score
Bro if they can figure out how to engineer brand new hair follicles... why in the heck would you think they wouldnt be able to engineer how to implant them..?

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
so once u force the hair to get back in the anagen phase by using the upcoming treatments (maybe), the thickness will come back.
am i right here?
correct. fat periodically disappears also around healthy follicles, when they go through catagen and telogen (btw telogen is a hair phase, not a follicle phase).

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All the scalp skin difference arguments have the same issue as the arrector pilli muscle issue - if those things were deal-breakers then conventional transplants would not work at all. Say what you want about conventional hair transplants 30+ years down the road but they certainly work for a while.

At worst, these factors might just mean that we will need to re-cover our balded skin with new hair in a couple of stages, giving the skin time to re-adjust gradually.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The arrector pili muscles might actually have some important to the integrity of the follicle, as they become functional and reconnect after transplantation.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I realize that. The AP may be critical for the long-term survival of the follicle.

But severing the AP muscle, or the scalp skin being altered by balding ... either way the body is dealing with the issue on its own.

H

Reaction score
When there will be a cure (hopefully that happens within these ten years), i am damn sure there won't be a single issue with the concept of increased DHT or DHT susceptible. YES DHT has a big hand in male pattern baldness but it's only the driving factor and that's all and this is the very reason why we don't have a cure for male pattern baldness even tho we have androgen blockers.

I dunno if your right but I like the way your thinkin.