Estrogen's role in hair loss

CCS

Reaction score
I heard bad things about that site. don't trust it blindly.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If it is some sort of scam site, I wouldn't be surprised because I long realized that most of the research on their site is linked to the stuff they sell. I just posted it for research purposes, debate as you will over the legitimacy of the information given. I didn't really read it nor am highly interested. I just know alot of people on here are interested in the link between estrogen and hair loss.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I heard bad things about that site. don't trust it blindly.

I personally have SOOOO little trust in that site, if they happened to announce one day that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, I'd be shocked and think to myself, "My God, the sun must actually rise in the west and set in the east! How'd I get that wrong all my life??" :)

Here's the title on that page (maybe it really was written by Homer Simpson):

"Estrogen’s Role in Hair Loss Elucidated"

In my opinion, a much better title would be the following:

"Estrogen's Role in Hair Loss OBFUSCATED"

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
They make no acknowledgement whatsoever of the in vitro experiments showing that estradiol stimulates the growth of human scalp hair.

They provide no reference or citation for the claim that "An excess of the stronger estrogens function to increase DHT", not to mention the study I referenced a few weeks ago showing the exact OPPOSITE of what they claim.

They state that strong estrogens in high levels create "problems" for hair growth, without making any effort whatsoever to back it up with scientific references.

michael barry

Reaction score
Bryan,

I feel the same way about male pattern baldness-research. Basically I think their business model is this: get people to believe all these various supplements "work" along with something (prox-n) that actually does work so that they will think they owe it all to the various internals they pump. Get them into your "buyers club" where you can get a slightly discounted price on the various internals. Make profit off the rebate you get from the supplier for all the steering you have done his way.

They pump taknig three or so internals instead of finasteride................why not just take the damned finasteride instead?

They are fishy.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
michael barry said:
Bryan,

I feel the same way about male pattern baldness-research. Basically I think their business model is this: get people to believe all these various supplements "work" along with something (prox-n) that actually does work so that they will think they owe it all to the various internals they pump. Get them into your "buyers club" where you can get a slightly discounted price on the various internals. Make profit off the rebate you get from the supplier for all the steering you have done his way.

Yes. I obviously don't mind them hawking Dr. Proctor's products (hey, even a stopped-clock is correct twice a day! :) ), but it absolutely INFURIATES me to see them pushing (and SELLING) "Super-Miraforte" (or whatever that stupid chrysin supplement is called) as a hairgrowth medication. Not only does estrogen NOT cause hairloss, but chrysin doesn't even suppress estrogen in the first place!!! :woot: Those clowns at male pattern baldness-Research have been getting away with that kind of crap for years.

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
michael barry said:
Bryan,

Yes. I obviously don't mind them hawking Dr. Proctor's products (hey, even a stopped-clock is correct twice a day! :) ), but it absolutely INFURIATES me to see them pushing (and SELLING) "Super-Miraforte" (or whatever that stupid chrysin supplement is called) as a hairgrowth medication. Not only does estrogen NOT cause hairloss, but chrysin doesn't even suppress estrogen in the first place!!! :woot: Those clowns at male pattern baldness-Research have been getting away with that kind of crap for years.

Whatched Fracture didn't you :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
bcapop said:
They said in the movie: "hey, even a stopped-clock is correct twice a day!" Never heard that comment before.
It's an old saying. I think I first heard it when I was a kid.