Encouragement For the Baldhearted

cramlow

Reaction score
This is not a post for the faint of eye. Long read - Patience required.

One more warning. This has nothing to do with some new treatment or fool proof regimen for hair loss. Rather this is to try and help the fellas out there who lack courage to go on. I am not a great writer and have a hard time putting my thoughts together so please cut me some slack fellas.

I have been thinking about sharing this little secret with anyone who with listen, for years now. I have found some simple truths to this whole appearance thing we all worry so much about. We worry so much that some of us feel like dying. I know, I’ve read some of the posts. I have felt some of the pain myself because I am balding too. I wasn’t very handsome even before hair loss and I’m positive I do not look any better while my hair is traveling the world without me. I mean I’m not ugly, kinda plain, not very noticeable in a crowd unless my “personality†comes out. And, hey, it does sometimes! Despite this I have always been able to get girls. I have been married 3 times, all good looking women and have had about 50 + girlfriends in my little lifetime of 32 and something years. So how did I do it.?

Ok, here’s the bit of secret I promised you beautiful balding folks. A lot of women date and marry bald men. A lot of women date and marry not so handsome looking men. If you don’t believe me just go to the mall and look at how many cute ladies are with unattractive guys. Yes, some are from marriages that have been going since the guy was young and beefy, and still attractive, but not all are from this advantage. Think of it this way. If even one bald guy got a cute gal, why not me, why not you? And if this has not ever happened before, why can’t it? But you know it has and does daily.

A lot of women aren’t as obsessed with looks as us men are. Some are, sure, but there are the sweet cute ladies out there who just want a fun, positive, interesting, confident man, and looks really don’t matter as much as we think. Sure they want to be attracted to the guy, but attraction isn’t just found in appearance. It’s a composite of things and looks are what grab the readers attention at first. Then other things like personality will either make or break you. I have met a lot of beautiful women who had the personality of a rock. I would never date one of those types of people. Looks only go so far, you know. So if our looks can’t grab the readers attention, then there are other ways to interest a female. Confidence and positivity. This is the secret. The key. If you don’t think you look great then act great!

What women also want, like us, is to be happy. And if this guy who’s interested in them seems to be happy, then perhaps they think he can make them happy. But if a guy is miserable, negative, dull, and unhappy, then why on earth would anyone want to be around him, much less jump into a relationship with him? Especially if he’s not the greatest looking.

I have heard from many married ladies that at first they were not even attracted to their husbands, but then they were won over by the guy and married them! But, how, you may ask? Well, there is a logically answer for this. One of the major factors is simply “positivity.â€

Here is some definitions of the 10 letter word according to Webster: 1) : independent of changing circumstances : 2) : relating to or constituting a motion or device that is definite, unyielding, constant, or certain in its action 3) Fully assured : Confident..... Or in other words being positive does not depend on your looks or cash flow or car, but the “choice†to be positive. Some things can contribute to this choice. For some it is their car. It’s different for everyone. I’ll explain a bit here. When someone tells you it can’t be done. I say it can. When circumstances say no way, I say way. When all looks bleak and hopeless, I say turn the other way and have a look. When you haven’t had a date in ten years I say change what needs to be changed and start making friends and talking to people. (I personally think it takes more than a hot car to get this way). At first I was shy and didn’t know how to talk to anyone, but with practice I picked positivity up and began yakin with people everywhere I went if even to just to bother them and say hi. (to me this is all starting to sound like an infomercial. Pretty soon I’ll begin to ask for 19.95 in 3 easy installments if you act now ) ;)

So, ok. One of the main secrets to a happy life, I believe, is positivity. What gives one guy confidence and positivity can be virtually anything..........Me, well, I glean my positivity from my relationship with God and the gym. I guess you could say I work out the physical and the spiritual. Now I know that here is where I will loose some of you because I mentioned something about religion, or God, or spiritual stuff and I know that some of you want nothing to do with the whole “God†idea. Ok insert you objections here________. I am not pushing religion. Just because I believe in the bible and pray doesn’t mean you have to. This post isn’t a discussion about beliefs. It’ just some stuff I wanted to get off my chest to share to encourage the baldhearted.

Anyway, back to positivity, the key ingredient to the recipe of attraction. The two things I derive positivity from are, trusting God for the direction for my life, and working out to feel and look better, These for me are like plugging into a power source that energies me and helps dispel negative thoughts. We all have the sickness of negativity. I often fight off the more common negative vibes and thoughts such as: “man I look terrible, what girl is ever going to want me?†Or, “I never notice any girls/women looking at me, I must be gross,†or “I could never get a women like that †or “what woman would ever want a bald guyâ€. Now most of these thoughts don’t really happen to me since I am married, but I do often fight of the thought of my wife not wanting me any more because I may be getting worse looking as i loose more of my lid. Any number of negative thoughts can assail us and cause us to be miserable, negative, dull, and unhappy. Act like that and you can forget about being attractive. Negativity is ugly. So is being mean and rude, but that’s another post. ;) Combine that with hair loss and, I’m thinking, that’s one bad recipe.

One last example of how this works before I sign off. Begin by discovering something that energies you to be positive and confident. I fully recommend my regimen, since it works. Then practice. I don’t mean becoming selfish and cocky. I mean practice thinking positively and doubting the doubts in your head. You are not gross, or ugly, or hopeless. I have seen some very unattractive people happily married. Sheesh....some may even think this about me! Who knows. But I have learned not to care so much about what people think of me. In the Good Book it says that people look at the outside of a person, but God looks at the heart. And the fear of caring what people think about you is nothing but a trap. I agree with this. Don’t trap yourself any more.

I know this post is long and some readers may scoff, but if someone has been encouraged then I am glad to share. I hope I may have encouraged those without hope, because there is more hope for you than you understand. Being attractive isn’t something you are, but what think you are. And I think my little balding melon is looking good one me. ;)

CmramlowATyahoo.com for any questions on my positivity regimen. Obviously, replace the AT with the @.

Umm......ok...I’m done.....where do I put the mic?

salazam

Established Member
Reaction score
i don't wait hair, for just women, i want to look my best and feel my best, that's all, i basice human desire, women is not main incentive, not yet, what you say it's true. but i mean for alot of us it affects are day to day life it it just sucks. I hate when people just talk about women, about how many chicks they bang, this and that, good for them i mean with no hositility. I just want hair for myself thats all. I mean am trying to finish my 4th year and it's effecting the way i approach it.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
As a married guy, who sports, most of the time, a skinhead, bald-head, I agree with much of your post. I happen to be athletic, muscular, and carry the shaved look well...but I don't look as good as I did with hair, to be honest.

BUT...the problem here is, many of these guys suffering from male pattern baldness are in their late teens and early 20s, and they are not LOOKING TO GET MARRIED but instead to get LAID...

And therein lies the problem.

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
You're really, really low on self-esteem, my friend. You have the negative vibes of girls not liking an unattractive or bald guy (being yourself) because you view yourself as that type of guy- not physically attractive to other people. Unfortunately, no matter how much you try to promote otherwise, you place an unbelievable amount of stress on physical appearance and you equate that with finding a mate. Looks really are everything to you, regardless of your post which unsuccessfully tries to express the opposite opinion.

Haven't you noticed, being 32, that looks begin to fade at your age? I'm a few years behind you and already the age factor is taking effect on my appearance. So how 'hot' is a girl going to look in her mid-30s? There are some women who desperately hang on to their youthful looks, but the large majority can't hide the fact that they're no longer in their 20s.

So then what? Looks no longer factor into the equation.

It's all about who you are. Looks are nothing. An a**hole guy is an a**hole guy, good looking or not, with or without hair. A b*tch is a b*itch, attractive or not. And who wants to be with people like that?

I just think you're way out of line, and you have to find a way to eliminate your shallow views, no matter how much you're trying to suppress them. If you meet a woman, it will be someone you get along with and love. Her looks will not make you love her. So stop worrying about what other females are thinking of your looks, because your looks are probably fading now anyways.

I just hope that someday you'll be truly happy with yourself and not always be paranoid if that girl across the room thinks you're good looking. It's understandable for a guy to think this way in his 20s, but being 32, you should have past that stage a long time back. I'm 29 and although I still like to think of myself as an alright looking guy, I'm mature enough now to know that looks just don't mean a damn. They just don't- because looks don't last.

Good luck bro.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
f*** what a b**ch thinks, I just want my hair, all to myself.....

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
Man 3 wives and 50 girlfriends. Does not sound like a guy that's going to HEAVEN that's for sure. You better check yourself before thinking reading the BIBLE will do sh*t for you

If you don’t think you look great then act great!

That's probably the only major thing I agree with in this post. I mean otherwise It's sounds like you are trying to pray on girls that are insecure.

lot of women date and marry bald men

That's got to be the f*Cking stupidiest sh*t I have ever heard. YOu got #'s, stats evidence. A lot of people do a lot of things. It had nothing to do with baldness.

Forget that whole post except for the positivity thing, and beleive that the biggest trick is finding a good girl, Period. Forget about looks and baldness, which this guy seems to want to emphasize.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
exactly. its not just about the chicks, although that is a part of it. its about feeling attractive to yourself. your looks losing themselves in your teens/twenties..your hair dying like whats supposed to happen to older men.

we are young men. we're supposed to be at the prime of our lives. if i would be bald by 40, ok, but early 20s and seriously bald? you cant expect someone not to feel angry. though i agree with your sentiments about positivity.

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
Most Bible thumpers talk through their ****s anyway. This guy is no exception

mak34

Reaction score
I think the worst think about losing hair is the change that YOU notice in the mirror.That is what make most of us feeling so bad about male pattern baldness.I agree that the ladies don't care too much about the amount of hair you have on your head,especially the ones close to my age (35).I can really feel for you,younger guys,but please believe me.It makes you feel depressed,no matter how old you are.As for the guy with the 3 wives and 50(?) girlfriends.I 've been married once.I blame my self for not making the right choise.But,man, X 3 ????!!!

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
Like I said, he's still searching to find his was at age 32- still young of course, and I wish him the best of luck. But he seems to have the mentality of an early-20s guy- worried to death over how women see him physically, and how much he observes other balding guys with good looking women. I'm 29 and don't even notice these things anymore. It's because we're supposed to have passed the stage where we place importance on looks. At 30 years of age we're supposed to understand that looks mean NOTHING, especially when they disappear at this time anyway. Now he's going to the gym, talking about God and how positive he is, trying to mask his misery over his hairloss.

He needs to put his views into a larger perspective and start looking through the eyes of a 30-something guy other than a 20-something guy.

Life isn't about looks or hair.

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks don't exactly fade when you're 30, you have to admit that looks play some part in the partner that you want to be with. of course when you get older you place more on how you relate to a woman, this is mostly a learning experience that looks alone won't keep a man and a women in a relationship for very long.I'd prefer to have an ordinary presentable woman who respects me, and who I can get on with than some B***h who loves herself and try's to use this to manipulate me.

I think some guy's in their 30's(or 40's-60's for that fact) are still trying to date teenage women, this is why they are so stressed with their apperance. Myself I like been attractive to my peers, which at my stage encompasses more than apperance. I'm alway's going to want to be presentable and not totally neglect myself, I'd say thats pretty natural at any stage of life.

Jack

cramlow

Reaction score
Wow..look a all the reviews

Ok. I knew I would have a fair amount of criticism with this post. But have I helped anyone? I would like to hope so. It's amazing how much people assume about another person just from reading one post. I don't feel the need to explain the mistakes of my past away. So I won't bother. I am a very happy person so say and analyze about me all you want. This isn't about that, or even me.

It's about knowing there are guys out there who are so concerned and so depressed that they really contemplate suicide. I have read the evidence. Some of these guys never even post one word, but look for hope in various places. Like this awesome website. We may never even know they were here.

Some of these guys have never even had one girlfriend and now that they’re losing their hair, all dreams to even obtain one are slipping through their fingers. I just wanted them to know that this is just bad thinking and how you use you mind can make or break you. How you think have a dramatic effect on your life and I wanted to encourage those who don’t know this or have forgotten this, that nothing is impossible. As the Good Book says, “What a person thinks of him or herself is what they become.â€

I know a lot of guys are on here to find the magic to restore their locks again so they can continue, or start, marking notches on their bed posts. This post really wasn’t for them. It also wasn’t for those who sole purpose in life is to put down and make a mockery of anyone and everyone. But if that’s your aim, go ahead. I doesn’t bother me. The initial post was, and is intended to help those fellas who suffer from negative thinking brought on by looking at the man in the mirror and believing that happiness lies in what we see there. I once thought that way too.

I read about this one guy who got AIDS and at first had given into despair and was preparing to die. But then something stuck him. It was the “thought†that he didn’t have to think this way and started lifting weights and thinking positively and he ended up on the cover of a men’s fitness magazine posing with muscles to his ears. He looked great and you could not tell that this was a man with AIDS. He still had the disease, but he didn’t let negative thinking rob him of what was possible. And neither should we.

It’s my belief that in one sense or anther we all have some sort of “AIDSâ€. And I don’t mean just with hair loss. But what we think about it will determine the outcome it has in our lives. Will bad thinking destroy us or will we finally not tolerate what cards circumstances have given us and think positively about what we can do to change the hand? I, for one, my friends, say “go fishâ€. I’m gonna pull from the deck until I get a winning hand!

Life is too short to suffer too long.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good post, good thread. A change in discussion/view is nice every once in a while.

I haven't lost that much hair just yet, or at least nobody that I know has said anything. What I did lose is my self-confidence, positivity, and all that good stuff that chics do indeed like. So I have to get those back regardless. On that note, I can relate to this discussion.

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
Had you said that in your first post, then everything would have made sense. That was quite a change in tone from your first post. More like it!