Elevated liver enzymes 1 year after Finas discontinuation

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, got more blood work back. Now my AST is back within range so I'm thinking i'm not "normally" AST high.
THe new blood work shows:
-bilirubin is slightly elevated above range.
-Ferritin is slightly above range as well.

Anyone see some kind of link here? Any ideas what the heck is going on, stuff going up and down like a rollercoaster all the time!

rumurphy

Reaction score
Ok guys, got more blood work back. Now my AST is back within range so I'm thinking i'm not "normally" AST high.
THe new blood work shows:
-bilirubin is slightly elevated above range.
-Ferritin is slightly above range as well.

Anyone see some kind of link here? Any ideas what the heck is going on, stuff going up and down like a rollercoaster all the time!

Are all your liver levels back to normal now?

I've been on 1mg daily of finasteride for six years.

Just got my yearly blood work done and my AST / aspartate aminotransferase is at 86 which is double the high okay range. It was 46 a year ago and in the 30s two years ago. Other liver metrics are at borderline high end of normal range, specifically bilirubin and ALT.

My first suspect is the finasteride. I don't drink much at all and eat a very clean diet. I'm going to switch to 1 mg every other day and get hepatic panel done in 3 months and go from there... possibly going to .5 mg every other day or just quit all together.

Any thoughts or experience?

Just want to know if I ween off the finasteride my liver levels will go back to normal.