Eirion Therapeutics – ET-02 and ET-03?

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was reading an article on Follicle Thoughts that gives a list of all the known Androgenetic Alopecia treatments in development and it mentions this:

Eirion Therapeutics – ET-02 and ET-03 are small molecule topical and oral drugs for androgenic alopecia and hair greying reversal treatment. Both program lines are based on the same small molecule PAI-1 inhibitor.

That's all it says on it and it links to their website, no Follicle Thoughts article.

Now, PAI-1, according to Wikipedia

is a serine protease inhibitor (serpin) that functions as the principal inhibitor of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and urokinase (uPA), the activators of plasminogen and hence fibrinolysis (the physiological breakdown of blood clots). It is a serine protease inhibitor (serpin) protein (SERPINE1).

Does anyone know what research this is based on? Why do they think inhibiting these things would help with Androgenetic Alopecia and greying?

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was reading an article on Follicle Thoughts that gives a list of all the known Androgenetic Alopecia treatments in development and it mentions this:

Eirion Therapeutics – ET-02 and ET-03 are small molecule topical and oral drugs for androgenic alopecia and hair greying reversal treatment. Both program lines are based on the same small molecule PAI-1 inhibitor.

That's all it says on it and it links to their website, no Follicle Thoughts article.

Now, PAI-1, according to Wikipedia

Does anyone know what research this is based on? Why do they think inhibiting these things would help with Androgenetic Alopecia and greying?

I think this treatment is looking to prevent inflammation in scalp tissue . That’s why they are inhibiting TPA

Ghc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know how it works, but they plan to start clinical trial of ET-02 next year.