Effectivness on different areas of scalp?

bodysnatcher

Established Member
Reaction score
As I understand Finasteride and Minoxodi are much more effective on the crown area than the front/temple area.

I have been pondering the logic behind this.

Could it be something to do with sebum, DHT, blood flow, the progression of male pattern baldness, even absorbtion?

I am interested to know what others think. Please Post!

Thank You

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
i think its' coz the frontal's hair follicles are more dht sensitive and are the first to get f*cked by DHT

SE-freak

Reaction score
It could have to do with the skin thickness in each area. The temporal area sports thinner skin. Thinner skin cannot support terminal (6mm) follicles that easily.

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
a follicle dies when its effectively lost its connection with its blood vessel, however, if the surrounding follicles are still alive and still have their own vessels, the dead follicle can survive a bit longer feeding off the surrounding follicles (follicle is still alive but doesnt grow hair), this would be what the crown of your head is like

when a follicle dies and no surrounding follices are living the follicle is dead and is not going to come back save surgery

hence why you will see regrowth in areas that still have hair near/on them as opposed to your for head which doesnt

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
zak84 said:
a follicle dies when its effectively lost its connection with its blood vessel, however, if the surrounding follicles are still alive and still have their own vessels, the dead follicle can survive a bit longer feeding off the surrounding follicles (follicle is still alive but doesnt grow hair), this would be what the crown of your head is like

when a follicle dies and no surrounding follices are living the follicle is dead and is not going to come back save surgery

hence why you will see regrowth in areas that still have hair near/on them as opposed to your for head which doesnt

Sounds logic to me.

jeffsss

Reaction score
zak84 said:

sounds logical.