Ed's UPDATED Story (Pictures Included)

ed

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

First time here...
I have just browsed the topics on this message board and noticed a few people who are worried about hair loss when they have a full head of hair! if only I could be so lucky. Anyways, I am 30 years old and have been losing my hair slowly (it seems) for ~ 7 years. When I was in High School I had SO MUCH hair I thought it would NEVER go away! Well, here I am now.

I have been taking Rogaine with no postive results for ~ 5 years. I tried Propecia a year ago and stopped after 5 months thinking that I would have seen results. So, after learning my lesson,I am back on daily Proscar (cut into 4ths), Rogaine 1X a day and have just scheduled a Hair Transplant Surgery for May.

I am definately excited and worried at the same time about the surgery, but know it is for the best since I definately rely on first impressions in my line of work.

My pictures are below and I will update monthly. My surgery is fast approaching, so I am excited to document my progess w/ the medication and Hair Restoration procedure.

click there --->http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/ed/

--Ed

G

Hi Ed,

Welcome. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Can I ask a question? At what stage in your battle for hair loss did you start taking Rogaine and propecia?

Looking at your pictures and being totally honest it does seem that the only way to get your hair back is to have a transplant. I'm 36 and start losing my hair in my mid 20's. Been on Propecia only for nearly a year now.

Propecia may help you to keep what you have left but I would not expect any regrowth at all. Keep us informed with your transplant and good luck in your battle. Because it is a battle.

ed

Reaction score
I started taking Rogaine at the first sign on hair loss (when I was 23).
Since I never gave Propecia a chance the fist time, I messed up my chances with that drug. I've only just begun that again (Proscar). My doctor is recommending a Hair Transplant and Propecia (because I am young to stop more loss and hopefully bring more hair into the crown area). I'm ready for the battle.

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
hey btw....i would cut my hair shorter so that ur hair covers to where ur hairline should be...it would look much better

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
^ yeah i completely agree

maybe even the full shave off if ur prepared to take the dive

anyhow - welcome to the board and gooluck in your fight

ed

Reaction score
hello all!

Well, I just had my hair transplant surgery yesterday and it was wayyy easier than I had hoped. I have a little swelling and some dull pain in the donor area (but mostly it itches!)

altogether I had 1067 grafts.

Now for the countdown to hair!!

Thanks for all the support........

ED

maintainence1

Established Member
Reaction score
Ed,a couple questions- 1) Who did your surgery and 2) did you have your hairline redone or did they mainly thicken up the top?

ed

Reaction score
maintainence1 said:
Ed,a couple questions- 1) Who did your surgery and 2) did you have your hairline redone or did they mainly thicken up the top?

I had my frontal (and front-side) hairline redone & top given more density (~1100 grafts)...
will not advertise until I have a final product! ;)

All in all...glad I did it. Its been 2 weeks and I'm almost fully recovered. Sleeping normally again. Would def. do it again.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your avatar rocks. that dude has the thickest hair i have ever seen. if that's you in that picture, then get the hell out of this forum. :)

ed

Reaction score
-cj- said:
You should post pictures of your transplat recovery :p.

Not much to show yet...
I'm pretty much back to normal. 5 Weeks out and the pain is all gone and the scar is almost impossible to find. Cant wait for regrowth! Will post more pics once it gets more exciting up there.

ed

Reaction score
update

ok...
so I'm coming up on 6 months and - BAM! New Hairs sprouting up EVERYWHERE! I'll post pics very soon. Ahhh...loving it. :)

jeffsss

Reaction score
wow, judging by your pics i'd think that you'd want more than 1100 hairs moved..

are you planning on a second move? did you do strip, FUE?? what?

ed

Reaction score
the proscar Ive been on for 7 months has also been doing the charm...
I dont think I'll want another procedure (at this point)

ed

Reaction score
UPDATE

sorry for the delay in reposting. Ive been having ups and downs about my surgery. the reason? well, I forgot what i USED to look like! these pics helped ease my mind--

here is a photo gallery with pics before my surgery, the day after my surgery (May 12th, 2005) - 9 1/2 months ago, and pics I just took tonight!

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/ed/

Aplunk1

Reaction score
wow, absolutely great results for 1000 grafts. Amazing. I'm glad it worked out for you-- any plans for a second surgery in the distant/near future to beef it up?

In any case, you look great!