Ebows story

eBOW

Reaction score
Hi I am 21 and started losing my hair probably around 19/20. I really never thought much of it untill my coworker pointed out it front of everyone. I never thought in my worst nightmares I would start losing my hair at a young age. I had no clue that it was even possible. I probably was in denial. It made me extremely depressed, but I have started finpecia, rogaine and Nizoral. I have been on this routine for about 3 months I actually started rogaine earlier before the other two, but I think I would of held off of it knowing what I know now. I shedded alot the first 2 months. This third month started to stabalize alot and I noticed my crown getting a little thicker, but last week still a little depressed about hairloss even with decent results I decided to shave my just head to see what it would look like. I was surprised by how well I looked. I am still on the big three and I plan on growing my hair out again in the future maybe at my 1 year mark, just to see my results. I am currently a Norwood 2, my crown is a little thin but not to bad(well I think ). I will continue this routine. I have gotten mixed reactions about my newly shaven head but I like it and I know if the routine fails I have a decent looking head that I can continue to shave. I was wondering if anyone knew if shaving your head can help results when it comes to using rogaine and nizoral because the hair follicles are alot easier to get to obviously.

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
hey there man,

Welcome aboard. What's your hairloss like? Is it diffuse (thinning all over the top) or are you receding in certain areas? I'm asking because I'm on the EXACT same regimen as you. I started a week ago. I'm a diffuse thinner all over the top with my hairline and temples being very bad.

Shaving your head definitley help in getting more rogaine on your scalp than on your hair, so I imagine it might be helpful. I've cut my hair very short for the same purpose.

Good luck with your regimen, keep us updated.

eBOW

Reaction score
My hair loss is your typical male pattern baldness. The m shaped hairline with a tad bit of thinning of the crown, not to bad. I am not a diffuse thinner. Good luck with your regimen.

eBOW

Reaction score
Just an update. Since I have shaved my head I have noticed little hairs growing on my hairline and some on my left temple.