Dying hair and hair loss? What about Propecia/Proscar?

gilbrock

Reaction score
I have dyed my hair for about 7 years, jet black from the natural blonde.
My hairline has begun receding for the better half of last year, and continues unabated.

I have two questions. 1. Do you think the dying affected my hair loss (increased it?)?

And 2, should I get on Propecia or Proscar, will this be affected by the hair dye? It is professional grade and quite strong. Should I also consider topical treatments?

Please give input if you have any! Thanks

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
my Little brother started dying his hair black at about 14 and had dufuse thinning by 17, we have hairloss in the family but his started very early hes 27 now and its still defuse thinning a bit thinner but not bad for 10 years
anyway yeah i think chemical dye can damage your hair, you could try a natural hair dye like Hena, I use it, its meant to be good for you hair also seems to give it body

DANOBLASTER

Reaction score
Could be a coincidence, but my hair did not start falling out till I died it jet black. Science or not, I feel the dye accelerated my hairloss, as i'm starting much earlier than any of my relatives. It has seemed to slow down, however.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
This is my problem as well. I started relaxing my hair since i was 16. I started dying my hair after that too. Now Im 20 and I really believe that from these chemicals I have lost alot of hair. They even warn you of not leaving it for too long. The last time I relaxed my hair I lost alot of hair.
My dad has a recieving hair line but he is in his early 50's and he didnt go through what i am going through right now. I believe these chemical have caused my hair loss, or atleast accelerated the hair loss that i was supposed to lose further down the line.

I wonder if there is any treatment specifically made to regain the hair that was lost by chemical damages.
Oh well!