Dying Blonde to Black, instead of bleaching knots

zero0x

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

Which color Blonde should I order for dyeing it to black? Since bleaching knots is not a good solution.
Looking at french lace with PU sides. Never had a hair piece before.

Thanks

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure it would matter, I guess the lighter the better. Knots were always an issue for me and probably the reason I never really exposed my hairline. But that's not an issue now I've greyed so much.:D

zero0x

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure it would matter, I guess the lighter the better. Knots were always an issue for me and probably the reason I never really exposed my hairline. But that's not an issue now I've greyed so much.:D
My supplier has blonde 613. Will try it.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No get 22 if you're dying it black.
613 is platinum, if you get that you'll need to dye it copper first and then black to fill out the color.

zero0x

My Regimen
Reaction score
No get 22 if you're dying it black.
613 is platinum, if you get that you'll need to dye it copper first and then black to fill out the color.
I already ordered 613 as had only one option . What do you mean by fill out the color ? Do you mean for the base color ?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
It needs to be VIRGIN blond hair, if you order a system that is dyed, you are going to have more trouble dying to the exact base color that you need. Better to leave this to the professionals.

zero0x

My Regimen
Reaction score
It needs to be VIRGIN blond hair, if you order a system that is dyed, you are going to have more trouble dying to the exact base color that you need. Better to leave this to the professionals.
Its Indian hair, so dyed blonde. I already ordered it. How would you recommend me to dye it ?

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what i mean is you'll have to color it twice. first you need to add some warmer middle tones to the platinum color to give the final black color some depth and make the pigments stick. otherwise it'll look weird.

so instead of going platinum to black, go platinum to copper to black.

get a dark copper blonde such as 6/34 and dye the piece that color.

then wait at least a few days before dying it black.

i'm not active on this board anymore, search the archives for more info on dying a piece from blonde.

what a load of nonsense

zero0x

My Regimen
Reaction score
Found this video:

She used 6RG/544 Light copper as filler and then 4N Dark brown to get that black shade. Thinking of trying the exact same products.
Never dyed hair before, so not sure about other products.