dutasteride

wak8

Reaction score
Has anyone has had any success with it?
Is it better than finasteride?

G

Well, a lot of people have taken it without success, and very few that I've heard of have gotten results. It also seems that those who have gotten results, have had really great results. While the unfortunate have claimed that it ate their hairline.

Is it better than propecia? Theorectically it should be, but I feel that the verdict is still out, and propecia is the safer route. dutasteride also has never been approved for hairloss, so glaxo probably did not see results sginificanty better than Propecia's to justify maketing the drug.

I personally feel that the spike seen in testosterone from dutasteride may also be dangerous, and possibly still influence loss, even though most DHT has been inhibited

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I agree. i think they discovered a higher significance in side effects from dutasteride. I would definetely stick it out with finasteride before even considering dutasteride. Thats what I'm doing and finasteride seems to be doing a good job so far. I had post with the same question a little ways down, do a search and see what the responders said.

Stingray

Reaction score
I am on dutasteride as we speak. It's only been about a month, so I can't say yay or nay on whether it's working yet. I've got the surge of libido, so I'm assuming it's doing something right now. I'll keep ya'all posted. I have high hopes.