dutasteride perscription

Betrayedbyme

Reaction score
my apologies if this has been covered, but how does one go about getting a prescription for dutasteride? i've seen people in the UK post about it--is it available stateside too? what do i claim it's for?

plusryan

Established Member
Reaction score
just bypass the whole prescription thing and just buy from Canada. :roll:

G

plusryan said:

you should consult a doctor before starting a drug like this. even if you don't buy the drugs with a prescription you should still talk to a doctor before buying them.

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
plusryan said:

you should consult a doctor before starting a drug like this. even if you don't buy the drugs with a prescription you should still talk to a doctor before buying them.
what good does that do exactly? Unless they themselves do blood tests and whatnot, what can a doctor do for you?

G

Fat-Elvis said:
JayMan said:
plusryan said:

what good does that do exactly? Unless they themselves do blood tests and whatnot, what can a doctor do for you?

call me crazy but i don't think it's a good idea to start a prescription drug before consulting a doctor, especially one being used for an off-label purpose.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
call me crazy but i don't think it's a good idea to start a prescription drug before consulting a doctor, especially one being used for an off-label purpose.

JayMan - call me crazy, but didn't you start both finasteride and dutasteride without consulting a doctor? :wink:

JayMan said:
Also I have a question about getting propecia. I can't get a derm apppointment in my area for at least 4 months and i don't wanna wait that long. Is there a reputable site online that I can buy propecia from without a prescription? If so please let me know.

G

Harie said:
JayMan - call me crazy, but didn't you start both finasteride and dutasteride without consulting a doctor? :wink:

My dad is a doctor, though, and he said it was fine. So I consider that to be an exception! Same for dutasteride even though I had a medical welness prescription before getting a derm one.

Fat-Elvis

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Fat-Elvis said:
JayMan said:
plusryan said:

Not a good idea from a health standpoint? I mean really, I can't think of any question a doctor would ask me that would prevent him from prescribing me finasteride or dutasteride if he has no problem prescribing them in general. I have no health problems, I'm on no medications, no allergies to any meds, etc etc.......I just don't really see how I would benefit from getting a prescription. Hell, I've heard of people getting prescriptions from doctors who didn't even know anything about finasteride or dutasteride....what good did that do them?

G

Fat-Elvis said:
JayMan said:
[quote="Fat-Elvis":ec4a3]
JayMan said:
plusryan said:

Not a good idea from a health standpoint? I mean really, I can't think of any question a doctor would ask me that would prevent him from prescribing me finasteride or dutasteride if he has no problem prescribing them in general. I have no health problems, I'm on no medications, no allergies to any meds, etc etc.......I just don't really see how I would benefit from getting a prescription. Hell, I've heard of people getting prescriptions from doctors who didn't even know anything about finasteride or dutasteride....what good did that do them?[/quote:ec4a3]

the difference is that many doctors are reluctant to prescribe avodart since there haven't been many studies. i think you know that and that's why you don't wanna see a doctor. you can of course do whatever you want.

Betrayedbyme

Reaction score
i'd still rather see a doctor, though. since it's on the market at least, it must be perscribed for something. or do i just hope to find a very knowledgeable and/or risky dermatologist?

G

it's prescribed for prostate problems just like proscar typically is. most dermatologists will probably not write you a script unless you've given propecia/proscar a try. mine did because he saw that i had been on it for a few months with no side effects and that it was working for me.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
If you go through medical wellness center, how much is the dutasteride gonna be when you buy it at the pharmacy?