Dutasteride & Oily Skin

cwaigy

Reaction score
Hi,

I suffer with male pattern baldness and also Oily Skin which gives me acne. I want to try and take something to help with the male pattern baldness but I'm worried that it could make my oily skin even worse!

Has anyone got any experiences with taing Dutasteride and either their skin getting less oily or the skin getting more oily?

I know DHT is responsible for hairloss, however from what I can gather sebum production from sebaceous glands can be triggered by both Testosterone AND DHT, so by inhibiting DHT using Dutasteride will I be flooding my blood with more Testosterone to make my skin even worse!

Cheers
Craig

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Lots of people who use dutasteride say they're skin clears up a lot.

There's plenty on it on these boards, have a search.

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
My skin is MUCH better with dutasteride than it was under finasteride. Had acne under finasteride and now face has cleared up enormously.

Mike_1987

Reaction score
agree on that my skin seems less oily but i also move back and forth between a dry hot place to a rainforest......but am taking Avodart and Skin in amazinly clear...and it looks smoother too......dont wash my face as much anymore just splash with water..and every few days ill wash it with Spectro jel.