dutasteride not doing anything for me

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on dutasteride about 8 months and it has done absolutley nothing for me except clear some of my bank funds.

I used to be on finasteride. Should I go back to this seeing as it's cheaper?

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what was your Norwood before? what is it now?
what are you expecting dutasteride to do in 8 months?
if you want regrowth give it more time.
if you want to go from Norwood 2 to NW1, nothing in this world can do that

Goingat20

Reaction score
ive been on dutasteride for a while now and i dont think it has done much for me either :cry: i dont know what else try try, im thinking maybe Prox-N from dr proctor

eduardmc

Established Member
Reaction score
Dalek said:
I have been on dutasteride about 8 months and it has done absolutley nothing for me except clear some of my bank funds.

I used to be on finasteride. Should I go back to this seeing as it's cheaper?

i started using dutasteride about 2 month ago after 2 year been on finasteride with no result, after 2 weeks of switch to dutasteride my hairloss stop, no more fallout, now 2 month after my hair is growing fast and it look like it was before 2 year ago, my temple frontal, hairline, vertex, are growing up, and i'll say that crown and mid to back male pattern baldness is a thing of the past for now, i'm sorry that after 8 month it hasn't done nothing for u, but i see people using finasteride and getting excellent result while i never had any result over it,

Aplunk1

Reaction score
dutasteride is clearly working for me...

Are you using generic or brand?

I'm scared to switch to the generic...

Dalek

Established Member
Reaction score
I am using the generic from United Pharmacies. Surely it would have at least slowed hairloss down but it hasn't. I just get use to the fact that nothing works. :(

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dalek said:
I would say I am a Norwood 111 Vertex.

It's not a miracle cure, unfortunately. Even after being on it for more than a year, I can't say that in terms of regrowth it's been amazing. I've maybe gained 1/2 a cm tops from my whole regimen, and I don't even know how much of that is due to dutasteride. I have however experienced gains in thickness that I'm very pleased with. This makes a lot of difference.

eduardmc

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
dutasteride is clearly working for me...

Are you using generic or brand?

I'm scared to switch to the generic...

i have been using generic dutasteride from inphamacy.com dr reddy brand and read my post above which state that is working unbeliable well