dutasteride has saved me!!!

oni

Reaction score
Samples do not get charged duty and as for UP I have been using them for over 3 years now, never got charged duty once (touch wood) always been generic forms of Avodart (you name it I have tried it) and always been delivered in 10 days!

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My dutasteride has arrived from UP...no tax and that's only a week to deliver.

I have gone for it....I took first one and will stop taking finasteride.

I got tiredness side effect on finasteride which is why I was only on 0.25Mg to be able to cope...just hope dutasteride doesn't hit me like a ton of bricks as its so much stronger...gonna take it every other day.

Just have to pray now that it works. If finasteride was kicking hair off my head then dutasteride will have a field day...hope not. Hoping this king of DHT inhibitors stops my hairloss..if it ever brought any hair back I lost in last 6 months while on finasteride I would be over the moon.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
I thought we could import up to a 3-month supply of prescription drugs without any charges. I've been ordering stuff for almost 6 years and never been asked to hand a little something extra over to the Exchequer.

Thin Jim

Reaction score
Just wanted to give you guys a further update. It has now been almost 10 months since I added dutas to my hair loss armory and in the last 6 weeks it has improved even more. In fact it has improved so much that for the first time in around 4 years I went out today with my hair up, completely exposing my hairline. Now 1 year ago I had no hairline, was using heavy amounts of dermmatch and preparing myself for the change to wearing wigs. Im considering going to get my hair cut for the first time in 4 years as well (I have been cutting it myself).

Now one thing that I think is worth mentioning is that around 6 weeks ago I started using estrogen blockers to combat gyno. I did one month of letrozole and I am currently on tamoxifen (both generics from UP). I will then switch to AIFM once my tamox supply runs out. So my new improvements coincide with me started these new drugs. Is there any scientific explanation to why this would happen. Does using estrogen blockers improve hair growth. I heard some people say estrogen is good for hair and some say its bad.

As for the gyno it is certainly not as bad as it was 6 weeks ago but I'm still self conscious about it. It just seems impossible to shed weight since I have started all these drugs. I'm even using prescription hunger blockers but even they don't work and some days I'm only eating 1 meal a day.

two thumbs up for the hair though!!! :punk:

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good to hear mate :)

Apparently, hair has two estrogen receptors - one that makes it grow and another that makes it fall out.

Go figure! :lost:

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thin Jim said:
Just wanted to give you guys a further update. It has now been almost 10 months since I added dutas to my hair loss armory and in the last 6 weeks it has improved even more. In fact it has improved so much that for the first time in around 4 years I went out today with my hair up, completely exposing my hairline. Now 1 year ago I had no hairline, was using heavy amounts of dermmatch and preparing myself for the change to wearing wigs. Im considering going to get my hair cut for the first time in 4 years as well (I have been cutting it myself).

Now one thing that I think is worth mentioning is that around 6 weeks ago I started using estrogen blockers to combat gyno. I did one month of letrozole and I am currently on tamoxifen (both generics from UP). I will then switch to AIFM once my tamox supply runs out. So my new improvements coincide with me started these new drugs. Is there any scientific explanation to why this would happen. Does using estrogen blockers improve hair growth. I heard some people say estrogen is good for hair and some say its bad.

As for the gyno it is certainly not as bad as it was 6 weeks ago but I'm still self conscious about it. It just seems impossible to shed weight since I have started all these drugs. I'm even using prescription hunger blockers but even they don't work and some days I'm only eating 1 meal a day.

two thumbs up for the hair though!!! :punk:

well, that's great news about your hair, happy for ya. sucks about the gyno tho :/

i forgot to ask you first time around, are you on 0.5mg dutasteride a day? Or are you taking every-other-day like some other people?

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
Author Gyno and I and E mechanisms.
Animal

Posted: 2001-12-03 17:02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't believe anybody who tells you that nolvadex (Tamoxifen) doesn't lower IGF-1 levels as you can see in the last sentence.

The effects of the steroid hormones differ by organ site. The mitotic rate of the endometrial cells lining the uterus is stimulated by estrogen and inhibited by progestins. Breast tissue undergoes cell proliferation and loss in concert with the ovaries= cyclic production of estrogen and progesterone.[115] The role of estrogen as a primary stimulant of breast cell proliferation, which contributes to the development of breast cancer, is supported by epidemiologic studies, animal studies, and clinical trials.[112,114]
In addition, the simultaneous presence of progesterone probably further increases the rate of breast cell proliferation.[112] Although progesterone has inhibitory effects on the endometrium, evidence is accumulating that it increases the rate of cell division in breast tissue beyond that of estrogen alone.[118] Because the combined presence of estrogen and progesterone in oral contraceptives has stimulatory effects on breast cell proliferation, a protective effect against breast cancer is not anticipated, nor
has such an effect been seen.[116,118] Tamoxifen citrate is a nonsteroidal compound that exerts both estrogen agonistic and antagonistic effects. Acting as an antiestrogen in the breast, tamoxifen increases breast cell growth inhibitory factors, such as transforming growth factor beta
(TGF beta) and reduces stimulatory factors, such as transforming growth factor alpha (TGF alpha) and insulin like growth factor 1 (IGF 1).[147,148] Estrogen stimulates the growth of breast tumor cells by increasing the levels of growth stimulatory factors, such as TGF alpha.[147,148]

Thin Jim

Reaction score
Im taking 0.5 dutas a day. Plus I still do take 1.25mg proscar a day.

As for the estrogen blockers. I did 1 month of letrozole 2.5mg a day. Im now taking 20mg tamoxifen which I have been on for around 3 weeks. Im then going to switch to 1 month AIFM to counter the estrogen rebound. If the hair starts getting worse again I will start over the cycle I guess. I have such good results since starting them I dont want to stop, but I hear they are unsafe to take on a regular basis and you must only take in cycles.

Im also using 15% xandrox on frontal third of scalp (I only apply this 4 times a week though), msm 2000mg and 2 hair vitamin pills daily.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
where do you get AIFM from?

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thin Jim, I'm also considering going onto Tamoxifen instead of Arimidex, because a-dex is giving me spots and it's v expensive :(

Have you any suggestions on a Tamoxifen cycle, or do I just keep taking it? What about dosage?