Dutasteride and Bimatoprost Topical- how to make it and how to use it

Fbalding84

Established Member
Reaction score
I know we have a couple chemists/pharmasists on the forum. Living in California means no access to 95% ethanol/ everclear we have to use other vehicles. And NO I do not want to use minoxidil. As a growth sitimulant I have obtain liquid latanoprost and bimatoprost solution but I doubt it will work right out the bottle so it needs go along in the dutasteride+ Vehicle solution. I believe these glaucoma drugs induce prolonged Anagen state.

I usually just take a toothpick puncture the gelcap and drain the liquid in a small container.

Question 1: what would be the best vehicle to use with the liquid 0.5mg gel caps.?

Questions 2: would isopropyl alcohol or vesapro cream work?

Question 3: since DHT is locally sythesized in the sebum gland. Will the liquid dutasteride+vehicle penetrate all the skin layers and reach where it needs to go?

Dutasteride stays in the blood around 5 weeks when taking orally but since it will be topical (some will go systemic but im refering to that penetrated and now is in sebum gland) it might be different. As we know it does not bind to the androgen receptor (unlike ru/spironolactone) but inhibits both types of enzym that converts T toDHT.

Question 4: how often do we have to apply it? I dont think systemic DHT is the problem. It's local near the follical that is.

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
dutas pretty soluble on ethanol,
and its already a liquid in the capsule,

question is - how do you source a pure powder form

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
I too am in California and know the hastle with trying to get everclrlear, its quite impossible. But I am on minoxidil but wondering how long I got.

Fbalding84

Established Member
Reaction score
dutas pretty soluble on ethanol,
and its already a liquid in the capsule,

question is - how do you source a pure powder form

The API is available just google it. but it's a lot easier to pierce a gel cap and drain it and use it.

- - - Updated - - -

I too am in California and know the hastle with trying to get everclrlear, its quite impossible. But I am on minoxidil but wondering how long I got.

Minoxidil works but has in my opinion has its draw backs. Fist the dark circle and wrinkles are a fact and terrible side effect. We want hair for cosmetic reasons so it doesn't make sense to look like a zombie with minoxidil. Second I believe it also semi-sycnronizes the growth/rest phases of the all the hairs in the area minixodil is applied. Third it does nothing to counter the effects of male pattern baldness/Androgenetic Alopecia it's purely a "steroid" aka growth stimulant for hair.

So we have balding hair that's is just temporarily developing at a faster rate. Meaning within the shortened Androgenetic Alopecia anagen state the hair just grows faster and thicker. And as we know after the rest phases the hairs are shed and all hairs have different rest/growth phases. Therefore the shedding is hardly noticable as some hairs shed the rest remains in place vice versa. But I believe since they are synchronized with minixidl we see the terrible hair to no hair shedding. All (almost) all the hairs shed at the same time. Hair not affected by male pattern baldness have longer growth phases so when Androgenetic Alopecia sensitive hairs shed we still might see those hairs in place.

Hence why we need a treatment to counter the effects of male pattern baldness and a growth stimulant while it also that can prolong the growth phases!

Advodart definitely inhibits DHT not sure if it's as effective topical

Bimatoprost I believe is a growth sitimulant like minoxidil but it also prolongs the growth phases.

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
on which studies are you guys basing your use of Bimatoprost, and at which percentages ?
phase IIb is still ongoing as bim at Latisse-strength (assuming that's what they used in their earlier trials) wasn't as effective as they had hoped.