Dutasteride 6 months with no results, just stopped shedding that it initially caused

Nostro300

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6 months in and about 3 months ago the shedding stopped and it slowed down abit.

I need a booster tho. I remember being on minoxidil & finasteride. when I was 21, I'm 26 now) and my mom asked what I did to my hair because it looked thicker. And it was.

Idk or remember why I dropped minoxidil but I think it's cause I always heard it's effects only last for 2 years and thought I would keep the gains with just finasteride.

Also stopped finasteride and restarted it then stopped and restarted. About 6 months ago I saw finasteride wasn't doing sh*t so, sheading like f***... Hopped to dutasteride 0.5mg EOD

Its now clear to me that my diffusé thinning isn't going to fix itself by just reducing dht. Apparently they are too sensitive even to testosterone.

My next move will be Ru58841 + minoxidil + duta + cetirizine

One day i take ru, other i take minoxidil, other i take cetirizine.
One mistake is to overwhelm the scalp with everything at once. Better to attack it every day but from different angles.

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
If you've got the balding gene you've got to stay on finasteride or dutasteride forever. And if you've decided to use minoxidil, then you have to stay on that forever too.

jazz1

Reaction score
I think you stopping and started treatments has caused the shedding...

Derek Clapton

Reaction score
6 months in and about 3 months ago the shedding stopped and it slowed down abit.

I need a booster tho. I remember being on minoxidil & finasteride. when I was 21, I'm 26 now) and my mom asked what I did to my hair because it looked thicker. And it was.

Idk or remember why I dropped minoxidil but I think it's cause I always heard it's effects only last for 2 years and thought I would keep the gains with just finasteride.

Also stopped finasteride and restarted it then stopped and restarted. About 6 months ago I saw finasteride wasn't doing sh*t so, sheading like f***... Hopped to dutasteride 0.5mg EOD

Its now clear to me that my diffusé thinning isn't going to fix itself by just reducing dht. Apparently they are too sensitive even to testosterone.

My next move will be Ru58841 + minoxidil + duta + cetirizine

One day i take ru, other i take minoxidil, other i take cetirizine.
One mistake is to overwhelm the scalp with everything at once. Better to attack it every day but from different angles.
I would advise looking into the endocrine effects that stuff has. In short, it will increase your estrogen levels - the paperwork with it states that. I'd be getting hormone checks at the minimum and consider low dose aromasin. Duta worked well for me but the estrogenic effects were not good. They are subtle and not noticeable from day to day but over a long period they can mess you up mentally and physically.

Nostro300

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would advise looking into the endocrine effects that stuff has. In short, it will increase your estrogen levels - the paperwork with it states that. I'd be getting hormone checks at the minimum and consider low dose aromasin. Duta worked well for me but the estrogenic effects were not good. They are subtle and not noticeable from day to day but over a long period they can mess you up mentally and physically.
Worst of all. Didn't do sh*t for my hair.