DUTAS - Is it as good?

G

1. Is Dutas (from inhousepharm) as good as Avodart?

2. Is 0.5mg 3 times a week efficient?

3. Howabout once a week, since the half life is 5 weeks?

4. Do results appear quicker than finasteride?

5. Does dutasteride clear up Acne?

G

1. yes.

2. what do you mean by efficient? if you want themost regrowth possible and best maintenance you should take one gelcap(0.5 mg) a day.

3. Once a week is less effective than 5 mg of Proscar every day. Cheaper though

4. No, regrowth doesn't really occiur any faster than wtih finasteride, typically, since you still have to deal with hair cycles. But dutasteride does give more regrowth than finasteride on average.

5. It has in some people. It affects T and DHT levels so this could affect acne I suppose.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Crazy arab, you were crapping your pants because you couldn't handle the sides of finasteride, and now you are looking into getting into an even more powerful DHT blocker that takes a lot longer to get out of your system?

Amazingly stupid.

G

And your amazingly retarded.

dutasteride clears ACNE. finasteride can cause it.

My biggest side was ACNE.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CrazyArab said:
And your amazingly retarded.

dutasteride clears ACNE. finasteride can cause it.

My biggest side was ACNE.

L O L

Damn you are stupid. If a drug you used caused you acne, then you think a more powerful version of the same drug will clear it ?

If taking steriods makes you go bald, do more powerful steriods make you re-grow hair?

Since I am a nice guy I will throw you a tip. I switched from finasteride to dutasteride a couple of weeks ago and my acne has not cleared up.

If heroin is addictive, is more powerful heroin non-addictive?

G

Oh.. how you have just dug your own grave.

TYPE I DHT CAUSES ACNE.

TYPE II DHT HAS NO AFFECT ON ACNE.

PROPECIA ONLY BLOCKS TYPE II.

dutasteride BLOCKS BOTH.. MEANING IT ALSO BLOCKS THE TYPE I DHT THAT CAUSES ACNE.

There you go, old buddy, old pal :)

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CrazyArab said:
Oh.. how you have just dug your own grave.

TYPE I DHT CAUSES ACNE.

TYPE II DHT HAS NO AFFECT ON ACNE.

PROPECIA ONLY BLOCKS TYPE II.

dutasteride BLOCKS BOTH.. MEANING IT ALSO BLOCKS THE TYPE I DHT THAT CAUSES ACNE.

There you go, old buddy, old pal :)

If blocking only type II causes you acne, than how will blocking even MORE type II clear it up?

Your body isn't a addition equation. You can't just say, oh well - 1 for blocking type II and +1 for blocking type I = 0 so dutasteride is fine.

If blocking type II DHT caused you acne than dutasteride is going to rock you just like finasteride did.

p.s. You said type II has no effect on acne, and that propecia blocked type II only. Yet you said in another thread taking the type II bocker, finaseride, gave you acne. I think you just contradicted yourself.

G

Because blocking Type I regardless of whatever else is blocked will reduce the cause of acne, regardless of whether I blocked or didn't block Type II.

And blocking Type II meant there was a rise in Type I.. meaning a rise in ACNE.

Geez talk about shooting urself in the foot WorldofWarcraft

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
just thought i'd throw in a little testimonial and let you guys know that finasteride gave me wicked acne, whereas dutasteride cleared it up like nobody's business. don't ask me about the science behind it though.

micky b

Reaction score
For what its worth, I too have less acne trouble on dutasteride than finasteride. I was on finasteride for six years and have been on dutasteride for a year and a half. Hairloss does slowly continue though after diminishing returns on finasteride. I actually switched to finasteride in part because of excessively oily forehead and scalp and I think its helped to a certain extent. I don't think that hairloss can be stopped on the aggressively balding men like myself, only slowed down. Just my two cents.