DUPA Hair loss is the worst baldness ever , is it possible to recover from it ?

Ksparks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don’t you first get a blood test to see if you are lacking in anything? Or anything is off eg. Overactive thyroid etc?

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don’t you first get a blood test to see if you are lacking in anything? Or anything is off eg. Overactive thyroid etc?
No I haven't done a blood test yet but I don't know if it will be useful because I have never seen a single person recover from a DUPA. I don't think I have thyroid problems.

Orwell

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meds, if you can tolerate them, usually work in the donor better than recipient.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, you tried dutasteride and your hair loss continued to get worse?

Did you take pictures so you can maybe show the worsening?

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am 23 years old and I have been losing my hair since I was 18 years old. Unfortunately, I have the worst baldness possible: DUPA. To sum up, I am losing my hair all over my skull which makes hair transplant impossible.
I tried finasteride, dutasteride, RU, but nothing works on this baldness because it is not linked by DHT. I am currently in depression and I don't know what to do.

What else can I try?
Microneedling and minoxidil. Ketoconazole, Cetirizine, Tretinoin. Lot's more.
Do you have a diagnosis from someone reliable?

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That sounds like alopecia totalis, but I think that DUPA is a really shitty term that isn't productive and doesn't describe anything.

If you have diffuse generalized hair loss that seems to accompany inflammation, the first thing you need to do is get on some kind of topical corticosteroid, if that does not work, you need to be checked for some kind of fungal or bacterial infection, and if nothing else you need to be checked for demodex infestation, because demodex skin infections can absolutely cause hair loss.

Demodex infestation is characterized by itching and pain of the skin as well as increased oiliness (sebum) and resultant acne.

If you have the above symptoms on your scalp or face, you absolutely need to see a dermatologist.

The solution to it is to take oral or topical ivermectin to kill the parasites living in the pores/hair follicles to stop the hair loss.

Last edited:

camille leprevost

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hello there,

i just readed an interesting post Propecia and 5AR1 | HairLossTalk Forums toward finasteride, as we know fina block only type 2 of the 5ar enzyme. However type 1 5ar is present on the skin/ scalp and hair. Then i think it is possible that the increase of T that fina causes when it block 5ar2 might increase the activity of the 5ar type 1 which is present in your hair an skin, that's could explain why fina did't have any effect on dupa hairloss and maybe caused also an increase of acne for some of us. Maybe us duppa sufferer can be fucked up equally by 5ar1 and 5ar2

Thats why i am asking if any dupa sufferer out there tried dutasteride or topical dutasteride sell by minoxidil max. Dutasteride seems to block type 1 and 2 of 5ar.

I found one post who claim to have stopped his hairloss with duta :
Was dutasteride the right call for someone with DUPA? | HairLossTalk Forums

any thought so far ?