Drug Test and dutas

UnReal27

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a dumb question. Is there any way dutasteride or minoxidil. can cause me to fail a urine drug test? I guess it was dumb of me not to tell the nurse that I'm on it, now I'm worried that I might fail and cost myself this great job.

CCS

Reaction score
only if testing for steroids

I can't say for sure what it would do, but I highly doubt you'll test positive for marijuana or cocaine. Dutasteride looks very similar to testosterone, and the are many steroids that can be tested for in one test, and they all look like testosterone. Do a google image search if you want. Dutasteride also increases testosterone levels, though degreasing DHT levels, so those at least cancel. I don't know what the ratio of testosterone in your body is compared to Dutasteride. If one enzyme makes many conversions, I'd think you have less dutasteride than test, but maybe we intake a lot of dutasteride to compete with test with sheer numbers. Most steroid users (if that is what you are affraid of failing) take a lot of steroids, up to 100 times the amount of testosterone in their bodies. I think dutasteride would at most appear as double the count. Just call the nurse, unless they will say it is illegal for you to have imported it.

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the lab has to specifically tests for most drugs. They don't take your blood, put it under a microscope and say "Hmm, that looks like Marijuana, and that looks like Cocaine, and that looks like Dutasteride!"

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
Doping tests in sports will be positive if you have finasteride in your body. Dutasteride too?

the_swami

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacky81 said:
Doping tests in sports will be positive if you have finasteride in your body. Dutasteride too?

But that's sports, they look for it because it can conceal steroid use. I doubt a "normal" drug test would check for steroids let alone finasteride.

UnReal27

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. This is just a basic urine drug screen, so I'm hoping they'll check for major narcotics and such. Wouldn't they have to go out of their way to test for concealers, metabolites etc?

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
Theoritically, dutasteride and finasteride boosts the amount of Testosterone in the body.