Drug induced hair loss

brv001

Reaction score
I am 24 years old. I started taking an anti-depressant and birth control pill about 8 years ago. I slowly noticed over time that my hair was gradually thinning. I did not know what was causing it until I did research. I am convinced that it is from the medicines I was on. I have recently stoped takeing both meds. My hair use to be so thick and curly. My hair has also went from coarse to fine. Ive mainly noticed the thinning in the front where I can see my scalp. But my hair is so thin compared to what it use to be. I have also never been able to grow my hair long again, it just stays one length. I am very concerned that it will never grow back. Is there anyone who has experienced this type of hair loss and did your hair grow back to normal? I read on most articles that hair usually grows back after stopping the medications. But I am concerned that since I was on them for many years my hair may not grow back.

Julieholl

Reaction score
Stumbled upon your story... Don't know if you are still here, but you are lucky you still have your hair on...
I do not belive in drugs because of my own sad experience. Why don't you try some natural nutrition for your hair? Besides, I believe you should check your hormones as well. Your birth control pills could probably have led to some kind of imbalance.