Drinking Minoxidil Foam? Does it still cotain 5mg per 0.1ml like the liquid?

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, so, lets say I can't get a perscription for oral minx, but I am sick and tired of how topical minx foam makes my hair look in the morning(curly hair, it doens't make it look thin, it just dries it up), I know people are drinking liquid minx, so could I measure out 0.1ml of foam, melt it down, and drink it? Would it do the same thing?

I know it sounds stupid, but at this point its a nightmare geting this sh*t into my scalp, with curly hair

Hair_Gods_Don't_Like_Test

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't drink liquid minoxidil. I know it sounds like a generic answer, but don't. Your probably right now freaking out about your hair and about to make a dumb series of event decisions. Almost like the procrastinator who waits...waits....waits....them boom tries to do everything at once or something radical ( this can happen in relationships, steroids in the gym etc ).

If you want better absorb rates, then micro needle with 0.5-0.75mm once a week. I didn't say 1-1.5 because that can actually cause scare damage on thinner scalps.

I am not going to troll you for your question, nor am I a transgender person. I am simply giving you rationale opinion.

Have you ever tried finasteride? If you're already going down the rabbit hole of minoxidil there are compound places that mix both finasteride and minoxidil. I say rabbit hole of minoxidil as it's only 55% effective in people who use it and max effect is 48 weeks. I think it's a last of the big 3 in priority. However, needless to say you're on it. Which is cool. If you ever decide to incorporate finasteride, then I'd wait to see results of minoxidil for 6 months. You want to know what is working and what is causing sides. You can't do that with a kitchen sink approach.

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't drink liquid minoxidil. I know it sounds like a generic answer, but don't. Your probably right now freaking out about your hair and about to make a dumb series of event decisions. Almost like the procrastinator who waits...waits....waits....them boom tries to do everything at once or something radical ( this can happen in relationships, steroids in the gym etc ).

If you want better absorb rates, then micro needle with 0.5-0.75mm once a week. I didn't say 1-1.5 because that can actually cause scare damage on thinner scalps.

I am not going to troll you for your question, nor am I a transgender person. I am simply giving you rationale opinion.

Have you ever tried finasteride? If you're already going down the rabbit hole of minoxidil there are compound places that mix both finasteride and minoxidil. I say rabbit hole of minoxidil as it's only 55% effective in people who use it and max effect is 48 weeks. I think it's a last of the big 3 in priority. However, needless to say you're on it. Which is cool. If you ever decide to incorporate finasteride, then I'd wait to see results of minoxidil for 6 months. You want to know what is working and what is causing sides. You can't do that with a kitchen sink approach.
already on finasteride, have been for past 3-4 years, I noticed pretty fast thinning in 1 spot on my hair line, like almost a straight line upwards, not sure if it was from stress, or what but it happend so fast, like less than 2 months, trying to figure out if it's progression or something went haywire,

- finasteride + min restored basicaly all my hair

Hair_Gods_Don't_Like_Test

My Regimen
Reaction score
already on finasteride, have been for past 3-4 years, I noticed pretty fast thinning in 1 spot on my hair line, like almost a straight line upwards, not sure if it was from stress, or what but it happend so fast, like less than 2 months, trying to figure out if it's progression or something went haywire,

- finasteride + min restored basicaly all my hair
Do you micro pen? I'd say try to find a micro pen between 0.5-.75mm. That will have it absorb better, but will go systemic a tad. So watch for hypotension symptoms. I wouldn't drink minoxidil though. If you do, you could grow hair in places you'd not want it and experience the hypotensive effects. Keep it to the scalp.

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you micro pen? I'd say try to find a micro pen between 0.5-.75mm. That will have it absorb better, but will go systemic a tad. So watch for hypotension symptoms. I wouldn't drink minoxidil though. If you do, you could grow hair in places you'd not want it and experience the hypotensive effects. Keep it to the scalp.
No I don't, but I managed to get a perscription for oral minx, going to try that out. I wonder if anyone has good success with adding dutasteride once a week to their finasteride regime

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been drinking liquid kirkland minoxidil for the last 2.5 months, positive results so far. I get this from ebay
I take it you are aware they make counterfeit kirkland minoxidil in china and have done for years. not sure I would want to be ingesting anything like that off Ebay, but if you know its from a legit seller than I guess its ok.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take it you are aware they make counterfeit kirkland minoxidil in china and have done for years. not sure I would want to be ingesting anything like that off Ebay, but if you know its from a legit seller than I guess its ok.
I had no idea there was counterfeit kirkland minoxidil floating around... I imagine the costs to making legit minoxidil would be low, what's the point of using a fake product?

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had no idea there was counterfeit kirkland minoxidil floating around... I imagine the costs to making legit minoxidil would be low, what's the point of using a fake product?
The manufacturing rationale in China is, if you make a product, why stick your own brand label on a product, when you can just print off a label of a known brand and sell your product for more.