Dr Rogers UK - Would 250 grafts (FUE) be enough for me? pics

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Here are some recent photos:

http://public.fotki.com/tomsmith316/tomsmith/

My hairline is now officially unacceptable and styling it angers me beyond belief.

I am in London and if anyone has had any work done with this Doctor I would like to hear some views regarding him.

I'm 24 in July. Receeding since 20.
Propecia for 3 years in July
minoxidil - Ages, but no results

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
250 grafts won't really do much to be honest.

Dr Rogers can do sessions of 500 FUEs a day, I would consider going for the 500.

I have had the first of three FUE sessions with Dr Rogers & am booked for my second session. I wouldn't consider any of the other UK Drs. He's also the only one that does FUE.
It was an incredibly easy experience & Rogers and his staff are very friendly & easy going. As stupid as it sounds I actually quite enjoyed my day there.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
What state was your hair in before you had surgery?

Are you happy with the results so far or is it too early to tell?

Is it wrong to side with a surgeon based on what people here say? I will go for a consultation of course :) I'm in London so hopefully it won't be too hard to get over there. I don't have vast amounts of money for travel around the world.

Thanks.

oliver

Reaction score
Theres nothing like seeing a hair transplant in person to assess its authentisity. I've not seen any Rogers patients in person or seen any pics either. Defo ask to see a patient of his before you commit! i belive he is a good ethical surgeon but realtively inexperienced when it comes to FUE compared to the likes of Feller, Jones, Woods.

I saw specs who showcases for Feller in the u.k and his results are remarkable, 100% natrual placement, anglation and density - he has had FUE with both Jones and Feller who are both in the states and much more experienced than Rogers.

http://www.stophairlossnow.co.uk/Specs- ... splant.htm
it might be worth you seeing specs in London at the next consultation
- if only to see what amazing results can be achieved.
good luck

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. If I was not happy with Rogers then I might consider going abroad. It just means I would have to save a few more pennies for the rest of the year.

oliver

Reaction score
tom - i hear you but in the reseach i've done - a hair transplant is for life, an investment - don't opt for the cheaper option when persuing something like a hair transplant - you might end up paying for it big time in more ways then one.

If you see Rogers let us know how it goes.

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
tomsmith said:
What state was your hair in before you had surgery?

Are you happy with the results so far or is it too early to tell?

Thanks.

I was NW3. I had consultations with a few Drs but it never felt right. I even had one with Dr Cole when he was over from the States.
Rogers was the only one I felt comfortable with, all the others acted like salesmen. We decided on 1500 FUE on the hairline (exactly the same as Cole suggested, they both drew practically the same hairline on me at the two consultations too)
I'm 4 months out from my first session. Some grafts stayed & started growing straight away, the others are all coming through now. It's still early but they are all definately growing.
Rogers uses Feller punches to do his FUE & IMO the only difference between him & the American Drs is that they offer bigger sessions over consecutive days whereas Rogers sticks to 500 grafts a day sessions. He's actually been doing FUE for a while now. He has been doing very good strip work for years so the only new bit he had to learn was taking the grafts from the donor area, the rest of the work is the same as he's always done.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Whiskey I would be very interested in seeing before and after pics, if you have them.

My biggest concern about this whole thing is that after the procedure:

No new hair grows and existing hair falls out as a results of the trauma.

or

The hair that grows is very thin and no use to me.

or

The hair grows thick and looks great and then 1 year later it all falls out again.

Or all of the above!

Bottom line - If I want to get a hairline that looks like mine did only 4 years ago, thick, strong and one that will last me the next 15-20 years, am I dreaming?

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Those pics of my hair dry and pulled back show how bad the recession is, not to mention the thinning. The left side is very bad and I have trouble styling it in the morning. If I get it wrong, if it's dry before I have finished applying treatments, then it looks crap for the whole day.

I'm still at the early stages of looking into hair transplants. I will probably pay one Dr a visit this year.

Petchsky

Reaction score
You do still have a good head of hair Tomsmith. Mine is not as thick as yours and more receeded. I have been doing some research for a hair transplant and Dr Rogers is the best in the UK from what i have found. I'm looking for 500 FUE but am worried that DR R might not do a hair transplant for me as i still have a full head of hair.

BUT...

If he will operate on you, he will definitely do me.

Keep us posted on developments.