Dr Lee's Xandrox 15%

NYVic20

Established Member
Reaction score
I just finished my initial consulation with Dr. Lee and he recommended that I use his xandrox 15% solution. Has anybody here have had success with it compared to using regular minoxidil (and I just bought a 6 month supply before the consultaion). Is having more than 5% minoxidil actually give better results, because I remeber one of the things with Rogaine is that they state that putting more minoxidil doesn't help you any better. I also recall that many people here including collegechemistrystudent bieng sceptical about Dr Lee's claim that azealic acid in the Xandrox can eliminate like 98% of dht in the scalp (can anyone explain that further?)
Thanks a lot guys , I appreciate your replys!!

G

as for the azelaic acid, dr lee has never proven his claim that azelaic acid inhibits any dht at all, much less his claim that it blocks 98%. Xandrox 15 is incredibly expensive when you compare it to 5% generic minoxodil. we're talking about hundreds of dollars in difference here. dr lee is selling a product and bryan has disputed his claims many times on here. i trust bryan more than dr lee because dr lee is selling a product so he has something at stake.

as for the higher minoxidil concentration being beneficial, i can't really comment on that. i dont even know if all of the 15% could be absorbed but ill let someone else comment on it.

sherman

Reaction score
Hi, I initially started on Kirkland Minoxidil 5% 10months ago and had pleasing results in 4 months. Off course wanted more results so tried the Xandrox 15% once at night again with good results. I read one of Dr. Lee's comments stating that it was actually safe to use Xandrox 15% twice daily but he did not initially recommend it because of the 'greasy before work look'. I decided to try twice daily anyway leaving the am application on for at least an hour before washing it off. I also commenced Revivogen biocleansing shampoo and Nizoral(because they were fairly cheap) and again good results!! I cant' say for certain what worked but I believe it is the higher concentration minoxidil. This is just my story. Off course everyone would respond differently but thought my experience useful to post. (I am 33yr,started with diffuse thinning around age 28yr progressing to sparse occipital, vertex and front thinningwith receding hairline. Now almost fully regrown with about 75% density of my temporal hair.) I have always tried to avoid oral treatments but was considering dustaride. Hope this is useful to someone.

beaner

Reaction score
Dr Lee recommends that EVERYONE use his Xandrox 15% When it first came out he only recommended it be used once a day, but not for the reason that it makes one's hair look greasy, but because of it's high concentration of minoxidil. When he announced his pending release of the 12.5% solution and stated it was safe to use twice a day, he suddenly changed his stance on the 15% and said he only recommended it be used once a day because of the greasiness....very shady IMO. Personally, I recommend the 5% as I'm sure you'll get the same results. As far as the Azelaic acid goes...well just do a search on this forum and you'll find very few believers.

G

Beaner if you are skeptical of the AA then why do you use Xandrox 12.5? Is it because it's a cream?

beaner

Reaction score
JayMan said:
Beaner if you are skeptical of the AA then why do you use Xandrox 12.5? Is it because it's a cream?

I actually don't use it anymore I keep forgetting to update my damn regimen. I got it more out of curiosity of the cream and the higher strength minoxidil....and it really is convenient for temple application. Whether or not it was any better than 5% I couldn't say for sure, but I'm seeing the same results after dropping back to just the 5%.

G

i understand. do you still use spironolactone? and do you alternate tri and fol?

beaner

Reaction score
JayMan said:
i understand. do you still use spironolactone? and do you alternate tri and fol?

I am still using the 5% spironolactone on my hairline and temples, I have a lot of it and I think it may be helping as the temple hair is coming in darker and faster than previously, although that could be just the finasteride/minoxidil combo....either way it certainly doesn't hurt and is cheap enough if used in just the temple/hairline area. As far as the copper peptides, I usually use either Tricomin or AC daily (got a lot of AC original formula very cheap) and Folligen probably 3 or 4 times a week.......I definitely believe those have helped with scalp health at the very least.

G

i am disappointed with what i hear from folligen and tricomin users in general. most of them don't claim any regrowth- just that their hairs feel better. but tricomin regrew hair in fda trials so i think that this concentration of tricomin on the market may be worthless and that folligen may be worthless as well. i certainly wouldn't put either on a par with minoxidil in terms of thickening and regrowth potential.

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
i am disappointed with what i hear from folligen and tricomin users in general. most of them don't claim any regrowth- just that their hairs feel better. but tricomin regrew hair in fda trials so i think that this concentration of tricomin on the market may be worthless and that folligen may be worthless as well. i certainly wouldn't put either on a par with minoxidil in terms of thickening and regrowth potential.

I dont think anyone has really been using them long enough to know?

Well, i have only been using mine three weeks but sware my hair is getting thicker in the front/temples. Its probably just my imagination though because it obviously takes time for the hair cycle. Even if it didnt regrow but just thickened up vellus hairs thats still a good deal. I have lots of vellus hairs mixed in my terminals from the minoxidil so i would love to thicken them up.

Anyone else notice this?