Dr. Lee's 5% spironolactone..........

desar

Established Member
Reaction score
does it absorb quickly? I have been thinking of adding it to my regimen, but only if its user friendly and doesn't take to much time out of my day. I am currently only using 5% and have had awesome results but would like to add the spironolactone to temple areas and frotnal hairline.
Thanks,
Desar

The Gardener

Reaction score
Desar,

Yes, I use Rogaine 5% in the evenings, and Dr Lee's 5% in the mornings specifically because it dries VERY quickly.

When you order, do NOT order the PPG-free minoxidil from Dr Lee. This is just as greasy as Rogaine, and is targeted for people who have adverse reactions from the PPG in normal minoxidil. You will want to order Dr. Lee's standard 5% minoxidil. It dries faster because it has only 30% PPG content as opposed to the 50% that normal Rogaine contains. I use it, and it makes a BIG difference. I also use his spironolactone and I'm very content with it.

Just as an FYI, Dr Lee's PPG-free minoxidil is indeed PPG-free, but he replaces the PPG with glycerin, which is easier on folks' scalps who have bad reactions to normal PPG-laden minoxidil but the glycerin is just as greasy as normal minoxidil. You want Dr Lee's normal minoxidil mix, at 5%. You will love it.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gardener...how long have you been on the dr lee spironolactone?is there an improvement.im thinkin of orderin but not if its not worth it?

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
I use Dr. Lee's spironolactone. 5% and like it. It is greasy so I only use it at night. I also use his Propylene Glycol free version of 5% minoxidil. I was surprised to see the above post because I find that it is NOT greasy at all! I should note though that although the minoxidil. is not greasy, I will probably eliminate minoxidil. from my regimine completely due to excessive shedding. I am in my 10th week and although I stopped shedding for a couple of days it has started again. The shedding has persisted to long for me to feel comfortable with and is causing a noticable difference in my density on top. I will continue with the spironolactone. though.

Hess

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been using spironolactone for 3 weeks and im going through a shed like never before, i'll ride it out because I have nothing to lose, im going to be an 8 ball soon enough!

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm..............maybe I should get rid of the spironolactone. as well.

Hess

Established Member
Reaction score
You woman! Dont be afraid to shed, be afraid if it doesn't grow back!

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
Read my post on minoxidil I just put up. It will explain my thoughts on this whole shedding thing. And, yeah, that is what concerns the hell out of me - that it won't grow back. Feel free to reassure me.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
is it just me or do people on this site talk more about the negative then the positive.lol.i mean all it seems like people talk about is shed after shed after shed.is there hope or is all we trying to do is feel better since we bought some product that claims regrows or stops hairloss.cause if i loss my hair it wont feel right i just know it, it will be l;ike walkin around with only one nut

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
I can only speak for myself, but, I really am starting to doubt the whole "shedding is a good thing talk". I know that with some medical treatments such as acne, certain treatments do cause a *temporary* worsening of symptoms but, man, 10 week sheds.........6 month sheds.........to the point of noticable severe loss of density? Man I just don't buy that that is a good thing. I had a bad reaction to retin A for my acne. Again, temporary worsening of symptoms was to be expected but I went for months worsening. Even the Doctor eventually said enough is enough, this is only making you worse. He admitted that some meds. have the opposite affect of what they are intended to do. I believe the same is true of hair loss drugs. I really am sorry I stayed on the stuff for so long. Keep in mind though that I had really good results with no shed on proscar 5mg. everyday for 10 years. I got greedy though and figured by trying the minoxidil. again I might not have the reaction I had with the propylene glycol versions and could grow a super thick lions mane of hair. I should have stayed away from that damned minoxidil. Never again. I got a copper peptide solution today and I hope that it will speed up the recovery of my scalp and hair from the ravishing effects of the minoxidil. But my bad experience does not mean that others wont do very well. I think that more folks than we realize are destroying there hair with minoxidil. thinking all the while the hair is falling out it's a "good" thing.
Personally if someone asked me about minoxidil. now, I would tell them to give it just a few weeks and if they shed a lot of hair like me to quit and try another alternative. Then again I had a horrible exp. with it, so naturally I am biased against it. I guess you just have to experiment a bit and use common sense. If you are on a med. to help you save your hair and you are seein' more and more scalp, week after week................that can't be a good thing. To many other options are available that might not cause the shedding at all.

Hess

Established Member
Reaction score
You have to be patient gentlemen! There is no cure for male pattern baldness only treatments.

G

I didn't notice good results untill I added spironolactone. I love the stuff. It really does improve the absorption of minoxidil. It absorbs really fast.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so spironolactone worked for you youngguy17?