Dr John Ashcroft - ordering from him.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I emailed Dr John Ashcroft after reading a couple of guys on here recommending him and he has now emailed me back to say that he would be able to supply me with 5mg Proscar, for GBP 120.00 which i can cut into 4 or 5 pieces and would last 1yrs! which is awesome. My only worry is that i am not sure how to cut these up , do any of you guys in the UK do this and where did you buy the pill cutter from ??

Also , as i am just thinning not actually losing my hair , i am SUPER worried that if i start this i will actually start shedding! at the moment i am not shedding at all , and never see hair in the shower or on the pillow! i am so worried about making it worse!! any advice would be great...

A

Pondle

Reaction score
Good choice on ordering from Dr Ashcroft, he's a great source. Cut up your Proscar like this or buy a pill cutter.

BTW don't worry about the shedding, any hair you shed from finasteride will come back stronger.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Pondle said:
Good choice on ordering from Dr Ashcroft, he's a great source. Cut up your Proscar like this or buy a pill cutter.

BTW don't worry about the shedding, any hair you shed from finasteride will come back stronger.

finasteride wont necessarily make your hair come back thicker. Don't lead people.

Pondle

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
finasteride wont necessarily make your hair come back thicker. Don't lead people.

A finasteride shed isn't a permanent loss, that's what I was trying to convey.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
guys, i have heard that some people get a shed , others don;t .. does proscar have a better result , shed wise, then say finasteride ?? or is it a case of if you get a shed, thats life, if not your lucky ???

I really want to do something about my hair, but a SO worried about shedding, coz i do not shed at the moment!!

Thanks A

Pondle

Reaction score
albar05 said:
guys, i have heard that some people get a shed , others don;t .. does proscar have a better result , shed wise, then say finasteride ?? or is it a case of if you get a shed, thats life, if not your lucky ???

finasteride and Proscar are the same thing. finasteride is our slang for finasteride. Finasteride is the active ingredient in Proscar and Propecia. Proscar is finasteride 5mg approved for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia. Propecia is finasteride 1mg approved for treating male pattern hair loss. Many balding men buy Proscar and split the tablets up, because it's cheaper than buying Propecia.

You may or may not shed from finasteride. If you do shed, that 'additional' loss of hair will not be permanent. Shedding may be a good sign, that you are actually responding to the drug.

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
im starting to think pondle is Dr John Ashcroft.

and yeah, i think the idea is that shedding means the stuff is working and it should all grow back.

Pondle

Reaction score
MSFB said:

and yeah, i think the idea is that shedding means the stuff is working and it should all grow back.

LOL, no I have no medical training whatsoever 8)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Pondle said:
MSFB said:

LOL, no I have no medical training whatsoever 8)

You have no regrets either...

You are William Hung!!!

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
you do tend to big up this ashcroft bloke a lot. do you know him?

im in the UK looking to get some proscar that i can be sure is legit.
do you reckon this guy is my best option?

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
he is a fellow hairloss sufferer like us guys MSFB, he has used proscar for many years and swears by it.

Pondle is a great contributor to these forums but you would think he has some medical background with his knowledge, he has done plenty of research and passes this info on to us

Pondle

Reaction score
MSFB said:

I don't know Ashcroft personally. I do get my Proscar from him... he's the local GP for one of the senior posters on SHLN, a UK site. The best things about Ashcroft are that:
(a) he's totally legit - you can find him on the General Medical Council register;
(b) he's cheap, and gives you a 15 month Proscar prescription for about £100.

MSFB

Established Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks for the info.
so how does he give you the proscar?
cant be legal can it?

Pondle

Reaction score
MSFB said:
ok, thanks for the info.
so how does he give you the proscar?
cant be legal can it?

He posts it. It's perfectly legal - finasteride is indicated for the treatment of male pattern baldness at a 1mg/day dose, which he advises you to take.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
MSFB said:

ive used him too,i got his number from spex nearly 2 years ago,hes legit and good value

he'll talk you through it over the phone for a bit to make sure you are going through male pattern baldness and that you are a good candidate for it