Double standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm a big pumpkins fan, and billy Corgan is talented, he isn't one of those musicians who is effected by not having hair, in the sense of how it effects boy bands and such. However, I'd say the dude has bad hair even when he had hair before it was being effected by dht, the guy looks better bald.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are seeing but he looks horrible. I"m not saying he needs long hair but some hair always helps. People always bring up Statham and Vin Diesel but no one like tot alk about bad looking bald people. Corgan looks BAD.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Alright, I can't think of any celebs off the top of my head that look bad bald but I know some general rules of thumb. Guys with skinny necks, weak chins and softer facial features look bad bald. Guys with thicker necks strong jawlines and more angled facial features look better bald. Yeah, I know it sounds a little :gay:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Alright, I can't think of any celebs off the top of my head that look bad bald but I know some general rules of thumb. Guys with skinny necks, weak chins and softer facial features look bad bald. Guys with thicker necks strong jawlines and more angled facial features look better bald. Yeah, I know it sounds a little :gay:

Billy Corgan, Ron Howard, Clint Howard, Jason Alexander, Moby (these are off the top of my head)

Felk

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
If you agree with him and what he thinks about this place, then why don't you leave also? You won't be missed.

What, you think people would prefer to read HatPrisoner's posts? Hair loss is a tiny part of my life. I have lot's of other interests and abilities which I can bring to the table. You've made hair loss your entire life, and you're 34 man, time for a reality check. Who would want to read such posts?

The reason I don't leave is because I enjoy posting here. Just because I agree with his posts about getting out and enjoying life instead of wallowing in misery, why on earth should I leave? What bizarre logic is it, to think that you have to be depressed about hair loss in order to post here? Is this HappinessLossTalk forum?

The only reason I visit the impact forum is I sometimes like to offer help and suggestions. In total I've probably spent upwards of an hour responding to your posts, along with other people, and you just dismiss all the help you're given and continue like a broken record. It's attention-whoring. This isn't such a bad thing, it just makes you annoying, but when you then tell people to "go die" and other bullshit... then it's a step too far and people will begin to get really pissed off with you.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are seeing but he looks horrible. I"m not saying he needs long hair but some hair always helps. People always bring up Statham and Vin Diesel but no one like tot alk about bad looking bald people. Corgan looks BAD.
In your opinion.

Alright, I can't think of any celebs off the top of my head that look bad bald but I know some general rules of thumb. Guys with skinny necks, weak chins and softer facial features look bad bald. Guys with thicker necks strong jawlines and more angled facial features look better bald. Yeah, I know it sounds a little
Not really a rule of thumb, Some people look good bald some don't, But I've never seen it have anything to do with someones "chin" Although I don't usually pay attention to what type of chin someone has..or the size of their neck.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Felk said:
What, you think people would prefer to read HatPrisoner's posts? Hair loss is a tiny part of my life. I have lot's of other interests and abilities which I can bring to the table. You've made hair loss your entire life, and you're 34 man, time for a reality check. Who would want to read such posts?

The reason I don't leave is because I enjoy posting here. Just because I agree with his posts about getting out and enjoying life instead of wallowing in misery, why on earth should I leave? What bizarre logic is it, to think that you have to be depressed about hair loss in order to post here? Is this HappinessLossTalk forum?

The only reason I visit the impact forum is I sometimes like to offer help and suggestions. In total I've probably spent upwards of an hour responding to your posts, along with other people, and you just dismiss all the help you're given and continue like a broken record. It's attention-whoring. This isn't such a bad thing, it just makes you annoying, but when you then tell people to "go die" and other bullshit... then it's a step too far and people will begin to get really pissed off with you.

Excuse me but before you speak maybe you should know the history. This guy posted to me once, and said hey come to Canada and work in the mountains with me. Never heard from him before. I don't even live in Canada. So since I didn't just jump up at it, you know what he told me? To just hang myself. So before you "judge" me about what I say to him, maybe you need to get a clue and know the story. ok thanks.

I'm attention whoring? Did I ask you to post. I think maybe I have started a total of three threads on this whole site. Oh yea, I'm really trying to get attention. Do you think before you say things?

As a matter of fact, it is YOU who are attention whoring. You are involving yourself in a discussion between me and him. Were you talking to him and I involved myself? Thought so.

If I annoy you, don't respond to me. I didn't ask you to. In fact, you CHOSE to involve yourself.

The logic is that if your hairloss doesn't bother you, you shouldn't be here preaching to people who have it bother them. I might as well go to an AIDS website and berate them for letting it get them down.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
As a matter of fact, it is YOU who are attention whoring. You are involving yourself in a discussion between me and him. Were you talking to him and I involved myself? Thought so.Whoa, HP. Everyone has the right to post their opinion. It is what makes this site so great.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They sure are. That's my point. But people need to be educated before passing judgement. Telling me I am wrong to say what I did to that poster after he tells me to go hang myself at home is just sillyness. This guy is calling me an attention wh*** when he is the one involving himself, which I find comical , you know?

Felk

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
They sure are. That's my point. But people need to be educated before passing judgement. Telling me I am wrong to say what I did to that poster after he tells me to go hang myself at home is just sillyness.
Plain bullshit.

If you make a post like this...

HatPrisoner91 said:
Thank god. Go back and hide in the woods and hopefully die.
...you're being abusive and offensive. If someone sees a post like that they're going to react, and yes, they're going to do it without researching every single other post you may have made. In this case I believe the conversation I was supposed to be aware of or "educated" about, took place over private message?

Make a multitude of negative posts, people will have patience, but start being abusive and people are going to get angry with you quickly. It's against the terms of use of any good forum, so just obey the rules or leave.

And make one more suggestion that I should stop posting because I don't have the emotional problems you do, and I think I'm going to be sick. If you're crazy enough to compare hair loss to AIDS again, I will definitely be sick. If you are indeed 34 years old, perhaps now is the time to act your age.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yeah, it gets heated up in here sometimes. When I first got involved with this site I had a lot of repressed anger and lashed out at a few people. Since then I think I have become more tame and use impeccable grammar and intimidating articulation to tear new assholes. :)

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well in THIS THREAD, I already told you that he has posted offensive stuff towards me. You just chose to ignore it. And the post in question was NOT a private message. It was posted on this forum. I have only had about 3 total threads ever. It's not hard to find. But it doesn't matter I clearly told you he did it in this thread.

Since you clearly dont like my posting, then please refrain from posting to me. Ok? Thanks!

Felk

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Well in THIS THREAD, I already told you that he has posted offensive stuff towards me. You just chose to ignore it. And the post in question was NOT a private message. It was posted on this forum. I have only had about 3 total threads ever. It's not hard to find. But it doesn't matter I clearly told you he did it in this thread.

Since you clearly dont like my posting, then please refrain from posting to me. Ok? Thanks!
I didn't choose to ignore it, if it was posted here I'm sorry I missed it... but as I said, I'm not trawling through all your posts before I respond to an abusive message.

Messages telling people you hope they die, no matter what came first, aren't called for. Especially not when there are people so emotionally unstable posting here. You, of all people, should realise that.

I don't respond to such posts because I like them, I get angry when I see such posts because they break the rules and the generally chilled out atmosphere here.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It was posted in a post you responded to, in this very thread.

Anyway, again if you don't like my posts or it "makes you want to puke", then don't read them or reply to them. Problem solved for you.

Or maybe I should listen to what emex said and hang myself.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.