Donor 8 Days Post Op 1275 Fue, 2850 2.5 Years Ago

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
2.5 years ago I had 2850 FUE in the front third.
I just had 1275 to add density. Here is a picture 8 days post op.
I hope it's not to blurry. I use to shave my head with a one guard and I got more comments about my red birthmark in back of my head than me balding. It's about the size of your fist.

The main reason I'm posting is I think that ACELL has done wonders for healing the donor. Maybe in a year I'll get the sides shaved to see what it looks like.
If I go for another round I'll get my stylist to shave the sides the day before. The idea of a partial shaven is to make it look like I got this haircut intentionally.
The recipient site is not red at all. I'm amazed how well I've healed. We focused on density instead of lowering the hairline. Got to plan ahead, them the breaks! I'm 37
Best of luck guys!
HE.jpg

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
F*ck yeah!

dr. cole

Reaction score
In my studies using Acell in the donor area, we discovered that on average we could not locate 48% of the FUE extraction sites. Approximately 35% of the extraction sites have some form of follicle regrowth. I began using Acell and viscous hyaluronic acid gel in extraction sites in 2008. I have presented this data many times since then, most recently at the annual regenerative medicine conference in Rome, Italy last December. A combination of minimal depth FUE and Acell does promote follicle regeneration because we leave both CK15 and CD34 positive stem cells behind. The Acell is able to interact with these stem cells in the area of injury to promote follicle regeneration. Sometimes the healing is so good that we have a hard time finding all of the extraction sites even when there is no follicle regrowth. The combination of follicle regrowth, follicle regeneration, and excellent healing all contribute to the 48% reduction in extraction sites. When we don't use Acell, we were able to locate 100% of the extraction sites in my study. I recommend that all patients undergoing FUE have Acell gel placed into the extraction sites.

One reason we don't see a higher percentage of re-growth and invisible extraction sites is that oozing from the extraction sites carries some of the Acell away.

Congratulations. The photo is a little blurry, but you look great!

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good from the pic. Who was your doctor and do you have pics from before any work was done?

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks good from the pic. Who was your doctor and do you have pics from before any work was done?
DR. Cole. I do not but next time I'm at Coles office I'll ask for some. I wanted to do a series of photos but they turned out blurry then I dropped the idea. I'm 4.5 months out. Maybe in 5 months I'll take some.

shookwun

Reaction score
Looks good.