does spectral DNC contain Propylene glycol ?

Keyser Söze

Established Member
Reaction score
Propylene glycol in minoxidil makes my head itch like crazy, does DNC contain proylene glycol. does it cause any irratation ? Thanks in advance

G

Yes it does contain PPG. Out of curiosity how long did you try to wait out the itchiness for? I had this really bad for about 3-4 weeks and waited it out and it was gone. This happened maybe after about a month of starting minoxidil.

Keyser Söze

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I first tried Rogaine a year back it was the worst in terms of Itchy scalp & dandruff problems, I have now used doctor Lee's with & without propylene glycol, I always felt even with using lee's standard #500 there was always a bit of itch & irritation, Fair Tax how is spectral in terms of irritation & itch. does it have a lower concentration of PPG then Lee's ? anyone else care to chime in . Thanks again.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
i sent them an email about the same issue. according to them, it about 1% which should be fine.

Keyser Söze

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Private Ryan, the only thing I have heard is that after you apply Spectral DNC, you may get a tingly sensation on your scalp. Anyone else care to share or comment .. Thanks

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
tingly feeling on the scalp? Well, its supposed to have advanced nano somes wich deliver the chemicals alot deeper or better thruout the scalp. I can definetly feel some sort of reaction/ slight minoxidil head ache happening after i apply it. Feels like its working!