does Rogaine work on the frontal middle hairline?

bluestar99

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started using Rogaine. My question is, does it work on the frontal middle hairline? I read conflicting reports. There's a lot of anecdotal evidence that it does grow hair in the front. However it says on the Romaine box that it was only tested on working on the crown area.

Attachments

• hairl.png
    hairl.png
    129.3 KB · Views: 63

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It will, I think they tell people that to avoid side effects of hairy face. Are you micro-needling?

bluestar99

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, thanks... no I only started using Rogaine and have been taking finasteride for 8 months. Im not sure if the finasteride stopped all hair loss. My understanding is that you cannot get hair loss anymore by taking finasteride. Is micro-needling a good idea as well?

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, thanks... no I only started using Rogaine and have been taking finasteride for 8 months. Im not sure if the finasteride stopped all hair loss. My understanding is that you cannot get hair loss anymore by taking finasteride. Is micro-needling a good idea as well?
You stop 70% type 1 DHT with finasteride approximately. DHT is the most androgenic but certainly not the only circulating hormone that is ruff on hair. Taking finasteride will also raise your testosterone roughly 10%. Micro-needling can give great results on its own and side effect free.with minoxidil micro-needling is way better. Just disinfect the needles. I would recommend a topical anti-androgen such as CB (better safety profile/FDA?) Or RU (better receptor binding affinity, comparable to testosterone, but less of safety profile). Start low dose for 3 months, raise if needed.

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
You stop 70% type 1 DHT with finasteride approximately. DHT is the most androgenic but certainly not the only circulating hormone that is ruff on hair. Taking finasteride will also raise your testosterone roughly 10%. Micro-needling can give great results on its own and side effect free.with minoxidil micro-needling is way better. Just disinfect the needles. I would recommend a topical anti-androgen such as CB (better safety profile/FDA?) Or RU (better receptor binding affinity, comparable to testosterone, but less of safety profile). Start low dose for 3 months, raise if needed.
Does Dutasteride stop only type 1 DHT or other androgens?

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does Dutasteride stop only type 1 DHT or other androgens?

You need something to protect against other androgens. With low dose RU and micro needling you would have a great protocol. While leaving your self room to improve or modify it later. I haven't read any one getting drastic results switching from finasteride to dutasteride.