Does Rogaine Foam = Less Side Effects?

doggfather

Established Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone who's had side effects (like faster heart beat, maybe slight dizziness) on regular 5% minoxidil had less or no side effects when they tried the Rogaine Foam?

far

Reaction score
doggfather said:
Was wondering if anyone who's had side effects (like faster heart beat, maybe slight dizziness) on regular 5% minoxidil had less or no side effects when they tried the Rogaine Foam?

Yep, surely, I had it with 2% minoxidil. I'm off it now, so I've no idea about Foam. I stopped due to precisely this reason.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
It has been stated the foam might possibly have less systematic absorbtion then the liquid minoxidil.. yet be MORE effective. I love the foam, have I mentioned that?

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey talking about systematic absorption, I've been applying the foam with a pair of rubber gloves for this reason alone just in case. I'm not a big fan of body hair, do you think if I continued using the foam with my fingers and even if I wash my hands could the tops of my fingers and my forearms possibly grow hair? I say this because when I applied the foam with my fingers I still felt some sort of residue on them that I couldn't quite take off even with soap and I wouldn't want the rogaine foam to transfer to nearby areas that grow hair naturally.

moproof

Reaction score
rogaine foam side effects

I have been using 5% minoxidil for about 10 years with no side effects I began using the rogaine foam a month ago and unfortunately have had a bad reaction. I get a slight headache, rapid heat beat, nausea, even nervousness. I have tried reusing it several times and my reaction is always the same. interestingly my brother , who has been using rogaine 5% as long as I have, also began using the foam. he has experienced no side effects.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chr1s said:
Hey talking about systematic absorption, I've been applying the foam with a pair of rubber gloves for this reason alone just in case. I'm not a big fan of body hair, do you think if I continued using the foam with my fingers and even if I wash my hands could the tops of my fingers and my forearms possibly grow hair? I say this because when I applied the foam with my fingers I still felt some sort of residue on them that I couldn't quite take off even with soap and I wouldn't want the rogaine foam to transfer to nearby areas that grow hair naturally.

Hair cannot grow at part of the skins with no hair bulbs, like your palms. Anyway no need for ruber gloves just a good rinse after you apply foam and you are done.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
sphlanx2006 said:
chr1s said:

Hair cannot grow at part of the skins with no hair bulbs, like your palms. Anyway no need for ruber gloves just a good rinse after you apply foam and you are done.

Yea that's what I meant, I wasn't talking about my finger tips, I'm talking about the area near your knuckles. I have no hair there now but some guys grow hair there, or on the forearms like I said. I don't want the foam to be absorbed through the fingertips and go to those other areas that DO grow hair. That's my concern.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
It has been stated the foam might possibly have less systematic absorbtion then the liquid minoxidil.. yet be MORE effective. I love the foam, have I mentioned that?

Thank God for the foam, THANK YOU JESUS !