Does prolonged computer use promote hairloss?

SE-freak

Reaction score
Judging by our presence here, I think that hairloss promotes prolonged computer use.

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting you bring this up because there is an observation thats been bugging me for a while.

I work in an office environement and have many friends in the construcition business. I swear there are waaaaaaay more balding men in the office world as opposed to the labor construction/roofer etc. types.

Although I have not conducted a scientific statistical study, I would bet anything thats its true. Its seems that maybe 1 in 25 construction type guys are balding noticeably and i would put that number at around 10 of 25 office guys.

Does anyone else notice this..I wonder if it has anything to do with constant mobility and excersise and what not, not sitting in a chair in front of a computer for 8 hours. Or maybe being outdoors more often helps...
Just a though but there has to be something to it...

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is true, rays from the screen cause frontal and temporal loss and light bulbs above the head can cause thinning at the crown.

As it has also been established, beyond any scientific doubt, that masturbation also cause hair loss, probably one of the biggest triple hits your scalp can take is 'knocking one out' to some internet p**rn site with the light on.

My solution is literally that, a solution, made from an equal mixture of minoxidil, Nizoral and olive oil, I always cover my scalp with a thin layer of this mix before I 'go to work'

I think we should do a survey right here!

If all you hairlosstalk internet forum users could sit in front of your computers and answer these simple questions we may have some clues to what causes this blight on our lives.

Please answer the following questions:

1) do you suffer from hair loss to any degree ?

2) do you ever use a computer.

...let's wait and see....

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
I just shed 2000 hairs while sitting here starting at HairLossTalk.com and masterbating.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Justlooking said:
I just shed 2000 hairs while sitting here starting at HairLossTalk.com and masterbating.

Is he in the room with you or did you just find some pictures online ?

Did you fill in the survey ?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Radio said:
It is true, rays from the screen cause frontal and temporal loss and light bulbs above the head can cause thinning at the crown.

As it has also been established, beyond any scientific doubt, that masturbation also cause hair loss, probably one of the biggest triple hits your scalp can take is 'knocking one out' to some internet p**rn site with the light on.

My solution is literally that, a solution, made from an equal mixture of minoxidil, Nizoral and olive oil, I always cover my scalp with a thin layer of this mix before I 'go to work'

If all you hairlosstalk internet forum users could sit in front of your computers and answer these simple questions we may have some clues to what causes this blight on our lives.

I like the survey idea. Very specific and to the point. Perhaps you could get more specific and ask if that person uses a keyboard and if they sit down when they type?

Axon

Reaction score
Radio said:

Best. post. ever.

You guys have seriously hit a new level of "unbelivablyfuckingstupid" with this dinger.

VeryUpset

Reaction score
Axon said:
Radio said:

Best. post. ever.

You guys have seriously hit a new level of "unbelivablyfuckingstupid" with this dinger.

Think they were being sarcastic.

Axon

Reaction score
VeryUpset said:
Axon said:
Radio said:

Best. post. ever.

Think they were being sarcastic.

One never knows here. :) I'd say 60/40 the OP was not.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I think that hairloss and computer use is a result of internal positive imaging. If only user 'binoculars' would repost his chart on this subject, it would shed a lot of light and explain a lot of questions.

neotokyo

Reaction score
it seems like most of the balding people at my office are in either IT or programming.

weird, but other departments has way less balding men.

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
maybe balding people tend to focus on that side because there's less social interaction

KrazyK

Established Member
Reaction score
I think jobs with more stress cause a higher incidence of hairloss. It's not so much hair loss but more physical aging. I notice this with college as well. As I see my friends that never went to college and my friends that have gone through 4 years of college, the ones that have gone through 4 years of college generally look older and more aged.

ang_99 said:
Interesting you bring this up because there is an observation thats been bugging me for a while.

I work in an office environement and have many friends in the construcition business. I swear there are waaaaaaay more balding men in the office world as opposed to the labor construction/roofer etc. types.

Although I have not conducted a scientific statistical study, I would bet anything thats its true. Its seems that maybe 1 in 25 construction type guys are balding noticeably and i would put that number at around 10 of 25 office guys.

Does anyone else notice this..I wonder if it has anything to do with constant mobility and excersise and what not, not sitting in a chair in front of a computer for 8 hours. Or maybe being outdoors more often helps...
Just a though but there has to be something to it...