Does masturbation have any effect on hair loss?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I know this has widely been debated,
but I keep hearing conflicting thoughts about it. I don't know what to believe anymore, even though I have a gut feeling that masturbation is NOT linked to hair loss. Say, someone who masturbates 1-2 times per day, is that unhealthy to the extent that hair loss will occur?

What are you thoughts?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Even if it doesn't affect your hair, you'll go blind.

Aplunk1 said:
I know this has widely been debated,
but I keep hearing conflicting thoughts about it. I don't know what to believe anymore, even though I have a gut feeling that masturbation is NOT linked to hair loss. Say, someone who masturbates 1-2 times per day, is that unhealthy to the extent that hair loss will occur?

What are you thoughts?

Chorizo

Reaction score
No. Masturbation does not cause baldness
Internet scam artists have tried to invent a concept called "overmasturbation", insisting that you have to buy their expensive herbal pills in order to counteract the effect of masturbating more than a couple of times per week.
But the pills have absolutely no effect — and masturbating once or twice a day will not make your hair fall out, or cause anything else they claim.
It won't really have any effect on you — except some pleasure while doing it and some feelings of relaxation afterward.
In closing: you can't spank it too much

sonicthehedgehog

Established Member
Reaction score
It plays with hormones in your system for sure. But not in a constantly negative way, your body is always seeking a balance.

If you spank it twice a day for a couple of weeks then stop entirely (imagine that!) for a week it's going to leave a pool of unused hormones sat in your system. Wheras there wouldn't be that pool otherwise.

Or something to that effect.

It does effect hormone production which I guess in turn could reduce/increase DHT production to some fine amount.

If you don't masturbate though you will go insane. Michael Jackson said so, it must be right.