Does lifting weights cause hair loss

crownthinner

Reaction score
I wanted to start lifting weights again, but I'm concerned that it might cause an increase in hairloss. I am am currently on Propecia and minoxidil with some sucess. Has anyone experienced an increase in hairloss after working out?

G

crownthinner said:
I wanted to start lifting weights again, but I'm concerned that it might cause an increase in hairloss. I am am currently on Propecia and minoxidil with some sucess. Has anyone experienced an increase in hairloss after working out?

The consensus here is No!

Keep working out.

And, dont take steroids.

:lol:

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
This is funny, I started lifting weight just recently and i had the thought of it might effect hair loss.. but if youre pumping blood from the muscles then i guess its healthy that blood is curcilation through the body.

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
I've found that after a long layoff and then return to the gym, that I do indeed start losing more hair from liftng weights. But this only lasts for a couple weeks and then I'm back to normal.

beast

Established Member
Reaction score
working out doesn't cause hairloss, but does wonders for some people's confidence.
good luck.

Reaction score
I don't know about it's direct relation to hairloss...but I know that you will have much better/faster recovery time with less DHT in your system.

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
WRX_STi_Driver said:
I don't know about it's direct relation to hairloss...but I know that you will have much better/faster recovery time with less DHT in your system.

How do you know this?