Does 'handstand' Cause Hair Fall Or Pain In Hair Root To You???

Hemanth IN

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i started handstand two times a day 2018 july, whenever i do handstand, i use to feel 'headblast' and just after handstand, i use to feel like my hair are pulled very hard and pain in hair roots for about 1 or 2 minutes. in 2018 october and november, my hairs started shedding, then i stopped handstand. but not recovering a little bit till jan 14(today). (im not sure if its reason for my hair fall). during handstand, head feels like blasting, this is normal, but i want to know if anyone feel pain in hair roots just after handstand.

Hemanth IN

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
movement?! as yoga, daily morning and evening. I know it doesn't increase blood circulation in follicles, its just increase blood pressure in head. but i did it to make it a habit, and so i feel no more pressure when i do it after a month.
upload_2019-1-15_14-36-32.jpeg

Jaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
movement?! as yoga, daily morning and evening. I know it doesn't increase blood circulation in follicles, its just increase blood pressure in head. but i did it to make it a habit, and so i feel no more pressure when i do it after a month.
View attachment 109669
It used to feel like my head was going to explode while doing handstands/handstand pushups when I first started. That went away once I was able to control my breathing while doing them. It worked out great for my posture which is why I do them often especially when my neck and back start bothering me from being on a computer all day. I have never felt any pain to my hair follicles/head by doing them. I can tell that I get more blood flow to my scalp by doing them because my retromandibular vein/superficial temporal artery (I believe that's the name of them) "pops out" and sometimes I can feel them pulsating. I would think that the increased blood flow would be beneficial since it is delivering more oxygen and nutrients.