Does hair loss ever stop?

avenger

Reaction score
I'm getting used to the idea I'm going to lose my hair now. Rogaine isn't working so far after 4 months, and I can't afford other treatments. My hair line doesn't seem to be receding much since going on Rogaine, but it's thinner and more diffused overall which leads me to believe it's failed to make a difference.

I'm 34 and somewhere between an Norwood 3 & 4 with some bald spots on my temples, but very diffuse hair at the crown in a spot about the size of a tennis ball, and increasingly similar diffusion from the crown all the way to my hairline at the front. My moms side has a couple of uncles who more or less went bald, with just some diffuse hairs they could comb over, and a couple with tons of hair. My dads side doesn't really have much balding in the family. My grandfather on my dads side lost some hair, about to the point where I'm at now I think before he passed away in his 70's. But, my dad and uncles are doing very well for their age with very little thinning.

My question is, does hair loss ever stop? In other words, can I go bald to a certain point and it seem to stop at that point, or will I just keep losing my hair now till it's gone? I'm hoping there's hope in that genetics can show some mercy to some of us.

Thanks!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
It stops at Norwood 7.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
images

around this time

der29

Established Member
Reaction score
because you're not on finasteride, dutasteride and nizoral you dolt! minoxidil won't do **** if DHT continues to build up in your scalp and dont forget to make a topical cetirizine HCL.