Does FUE transplant leave a donor scar??

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah they leave small dotted scars

Lil_Ribeye

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah they leave small dotted scars
Thanks!......what about an old donor scar from a previous transplant many years ago?....are there ways to cover it up?....plastic surgery?...transplant over?...like if I wanted to go number "0" on my clippers in the back and make the donor scar non visible?

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks!......what about an old donor scar from a previous transplant many years ago?....are there ways to cover it up?....plastic surgery?...transplant over?...like if I wanted to go number "0" on my clippers in the back and make the donor scar non visible?
They're often not that visible even with buzzed hair (though if you slick or 0 guard buzz it idk, it also depends on how you scar) but it is possible to get scalp micro pigmentation on it which is basically tattooing dots that look like hair stubble. Some people use it on their completely bald head which looks pretty fake but if it's blended in with natural hair it can look good. Though you need to get a good and experienced artist for this, just like with hair transplants.

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) hair transplants do leave scars in the donor area. However, these scars are significantly smaller and less noticeable compared to the linear scar left by the traditional FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) method.