does finasteride work on Temples? iheard it doesnt...

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys.. i'v been reading this forum for a while and got so much info from all of you knowledgable folks, it has been great help for me.
im 22/temple male pattern baldness. iheard finasteride and other stuff dont really work great on temples... am i just better off just give up and go bald? i starting to see bald spots on my temples and i spend about 2 hours looking at those spots. :x . seriously thinking about ordering finasteride and start treatment. but i heard it doesn't work on temples and afraid of sides..
give me some recommendations/advices!!

sorry im posting same stuff that you guys talk about all the time.
but this is my first post.. :lol:

CCS

Reaction score
every follicle has its own DHT sensitivity and DHT production rate. If a follicle can handle a DHT level reduced by 80% (I'm making that number up. 5mg reduces it 90%), it will stop balding and maybe grow back. If not, it does not. male pattern baldness is progressive, and some people's follicles will get more sensitive whether they are on the drug or not and will not be able to handle it eventually and will then continue to bald.

If your frontal follicles are not that sensitive yet, then it may work for you.

It has maintained my front, and it does help the front by at least slowing down hair loss.

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for your reply.. i'v seen your comments everywhere and it has been so much help for me collegestudent!
i'll post some pics later i dont have my camera at this time but
i still have really thin baby hairs left on frontal area where it has receded.
and now i can see bald spots in size of grains here and there around my temple... do you think that indicates its already sensitive? a pic can tell much better but just considering i still have thin baby hairs left on those spots... do i have hope to regrow?

G

maybe. really need pics to say.

anyway get on finasteride right away. it doesn't stop balding in everyone but it will at least slow hairloss for almost everyone. try it for a year and if you're not at least maintaining your hair, switch to dutasteride.

the oral alpha reductase inhibitor is the single beast weapon in the fight against hair loss. forget minoxidil, forget folligen, forget spironolactone, etc. Those all work to varying degrees but they don't work as well in my opinion. You can add those later if need be but the big one is Dutas or finasteride.

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:

anyway get on finasteride right away. it doesn't stop balding in everyone but it will at least slow hairloss for almost everyone. try it for a year and if you're not at least maintaining your hair, switch to dutasteride.

the oral alpha reductase inhibitor is the single beast weapon in the fight against hair loss. forget minoxidil, forget folligen, forget spironolactone, etc. Those all work to varying degrees but they don't work as well in my opinion. You can add those later if need be but the big one is Dutas or finasteride.

hi jayman.. i saw your early post when you first started finasteride..
how long have been on finasteride now?
any sides or result yet?

G

templemonk said:
JayMan said:

any sides or result yet?

Hey templemonk, I've been on finasteride since July 11th, 1.25 mg a day. I am going to be adding dutasteride to my regimen when it arrives in the mail. In case it is fake, I will be using the finasteride as a backup.

I had watery semen and a loss of libido for the first couple of weeks, but it went away as it usually does for most people. Now both my semen and libido are back to normal.

As for my hair, well regrowth can take awhile on propecia, but I am not seeing any hair loss at all. Most people will just get maintenance of their current hair with propecia and should be happy with that. I am happy with that because I have only slight hair loss at the moment and would like to keep it that way.

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
templemonk said:
JayMan said:

any sides or result yet?

Hey templemonk, I've been on finasteride since July 11th, 1.25 mg a day. I am going to be adding dutasteride to my regimen when it arrives in the mail. In case it is fake, I will be using the finasteride as a backup.

I had watery semen and a loss of libido for the first couple of weeks, but it went away as it usually does for most people. Now both my semen and libido are back to normal.

As for my hair, well regrowth can take awhile on propecia, but I am not seeing any hair loss at all. Most people will just get maintenance of their current hair with propecia and should be happy with that. I am happy with that because I have only slight hair loss at the moment and would like to keep it that way.

loss of libido... how bad was it? could you get erection somewhat? i mean.. i just got with this girl.. shes pretty alright i think... and.. shes hornier than any girl i'v met so far and i love her for that... and i dunno how that'll effect me and the relationship im worried.. i think if i had a choice.. i'd rather have hair loss on the vertex (on top) than temple area altho it would be the best if i didn't have to go thru this BS at all! cuz you can just see right on your face if its temple loss... but that's nice to hear that you kept what you had so far and you are happy with the result tho... i hope we can keep update each other as we go on with our treatment.. its just good to know others' progress and compare namsay?
oh yeah, is your hair loss mostly on the temple or on the top?

G

templemonk said:
JayMan said:
templemonk said:
JayMan said:

any sides or result yet?

loss of libido... how bad was it? could you get erection somewhat? i mean.. i just got with this girl.. shes pretty alright i think... and.. shes hornier than any girl i'v met so far and i love her for that... and i dunno how that'll effect me and the relationship im worried.. i think if i had a choice.. i'd rather have hair loss on the vertex (on top) than temple area altho it would be the best if i didn't have to go thru this BS at all! cuz you can just see right on your face if its temple loss... but that's nice to hear that you kept what you had so far and you are happy with the result tho... i hope we can keep update each other as we go on with our treatment.. its just good to know others' progress and compare namsay?
oh yeah, is your hair loss mostly on the temple or on the top?

loss of libido has nothing to do with erectile dysfunction. if you lose your interest in sex then you won't get an erection, but erectile dysfunction means that you're interested in sex but can't get it up. finasteride doesn't cause ED. my libido loss was moderately bad for a couple of weeks but it went away. your hair is worth it.

as for my story and progress and pics, you can find mine here:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... 90&start=0

It's got pics dispersed throughout it. My hair loss is mainly on the right vertex with very little temple recession.

good luck,
jayman

G

Yes, finasteride also stops temple recession, though you shouldn´t expect any regrowt there with finasteride only.

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
Ikno someof you felt the same way..
for me tho... my older brother is married.. and his probably Norwood-0.5.
he has too much hair on his head.. damnit..
why couldn't it be him instead of me.. im just saying since hes already married... i wouldn't mind as much if my male pattern baldness started after i got married :-x

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you do experience loss of libido, there are many things you can do about it anyway. Maca Root, Horny Goat Weed, Mucuna Pruriens, AAKG, Citrulline etc.