Does everyone keep that 'ring' of hair around the side?

Axon

Reaction score
You will not lose the "horseshoe" region if you have male pattern baldness.

G

You should watch that movie Lord of the Rings it explains everything.

G

Zimmy said:
Some chicks like touching and licking the ring too.

I would ideally like to braid my ring if things get that advanced, I would recommend others consider various creative embelishments of their own rings.

G

tynanW said:
Zimmy said:
Some chicks like touching and licking the ring too.

I would ideally like to braid my ring if things get that advanced, I would recommend others consider various creative embelishments of their own rings.

Possiblly you could have a ringorectomy to have the ring removed. Then maybe preserve the ring for your grandchildren and put it in a jar on the mantlepiece.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That "horseshoe" area on men with male pattern baldness is the bedrock of income for the hair transplant business. They either get the transplant hair from the lower back or the sides that I know of. Which raises an obvious question, if guys keep that part of their hair, you'd think that intensive research would be on-going to find out how that hair is different from hair further up. Hmmm.

Greg

viperfish

Reaction score
The hair on my sides is exactly the same thickness as the hair on top of my head. The only place where my hair is really thick is the back of my head (not the top/vertex).

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
Some guys do lose hair in the horseshoe area. They don't go completely bald, but the horseshoe area thins out, sometimes quite a bit. I've seen quite a few guys like this, and I'm one of the unfortunate few myself. The hair on the sides of my head is noticeably thin and you can see some scalp through it.