Does DHT makes your skin older?

Dench57

Senior Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6,432
DHT definitely makes your skin older. I've had it in my body as long as I can remember, and every year that passes my skin just seems to be getting older. The rest of my body too. It's crazy.
 

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
142
LOL. But you know, there are people who look younger than they actaully are and the opposite. I am thinking if high amounts of dht will make you age faster and if finasteride actually makes you "younger" in this case.
 

abcdefg

Senior Member
Reaction score
783
No one really knows if it even matters much one way or the other. Testosterone plays some role in a lot of stuff since its a huge male hormone so it might play a role in acne or muscle and lowering DHT increases that
 

Yar

Senior Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
785
It is absolutely certain that DHT is an aging hormone.
 

Yarkira

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
17
Honestly, DHT gets blamed for everything, but the whole aging thing is kind of a mix. Higher DHT usually just means super oily skin, clogged pores, and breakouts, which definitely messes with your skin and makes your face look tired or dull.

As for actual wrinkles or sagging, though, that's usually way more about UV damage, collagen loss, or general aging. DHT mostly just messes with your oil production.

TBF, locking down a solid routine goes a long way. I actually started using Skin Vitality a while back to help keep things balanced, and it made a huge difference with the overall texture and freshness. Did you notice your skin look any better after tackling your levels, or did it just get less greasy?
 
Last edited:

jondoeuk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
17
I'm not sure about that. I think genetics plays the biggest role here.
Overall skin aging is also driven by sun exposure, genetics, a natural drop in structural proteins over time, lifestyle factors, and more.
 

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
578
I'm turning 27 and still look the same as I did at 19. My skin and hair is looking solid atm
 
Top