Does anyone think heavy use of hair spray/ gel caused premature hair loss?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong hair loss does run in my family but I started losing pretty early like around 18 years old. I used heavy hairspray and gel for years starting at the age of around 13.Does anyone else blame these products for early hair loss?

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used hair spray every day since about 15 because my hair goes f*****g mental in the wind, I first noticed hair loss at 18. My maternal grandfather was pretty bald by his late 20s so that's where my hair loss comes from.

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong hair loss does run in my family but I started losing pretty early like around 18 years old. I used heavy hairspray and gel for years starting at the age of around 13.Does anyone else blame these products for early hair loss?
No. Any noticeable amount of hair loss comes from genetics and hormones, not hair-spray, coffee, jerking-off every day, lifting weights or whatever other loony-tunes theories people like to come up with.

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. Any noticeable amount of hair loss comes from genetics and hormones, not hair-spray, coffee, jerking-off every day, lifting weights or whatever other loony-tunes theories people like to come up with.
You really got pissed with that coffee thread didn't you?

ONE DRC

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair spray and gels will be harsh on your hair with all the chemicals in them.
if your prone to have thinning hair, I’d suggest to stop using them, suggested to stop if I was by 2 different dermatologist.
I started loosing lair, I feel by over doing it taking way to much L-Arginine.
No known genetic hair loss in my family of men.
I came up with my own gel mixture using about 14 ounces Aloe Vera juice add 2 ounces Aloe Vera gel & shake in a spray bottle.
I Lightly spray my hair and comb/brush, holds just fine.
Both bought at Target best priced. About $7 for the juice $5 for the gel.