Does anyone else have any "zones" in your home where your hair looks especially bad?

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like any areas with mirrors or reflections or if you look into one in that area where your hair just looks way worse?

There's a chrome-colored sink in my house where if I look straight down I look like a complete NW4, I get the Jude Law/80's Phil Collins look from it. Also if I stand straight under the ceiling light of my bedroom the hair just ends up looking like a thin wispy rat's nest.

argh

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like any areas with mirrors or reflections or if you look into one in that area where your hair just looks way worse?

There's a chrome-colored sink in my house where if I look straight down I look like a complete NW4, I get the Jude Law/80's Phil Collins look from it. Also if I stand straight under the ceiling light of my bedroom the hair just ends up looking like a thin wispy rat's nest.

argh
This is something I've wanted talk about for ages lighting in the house is killer for so many people esp Diffusers, dont get me started on the bathroom mirror

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you find that a camera also makes you look worse? How are we suppose truly gauge whats going on when it looks different in different circumstancs

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you find that a camera also makes you look worse? How are we suppose truly gauge whats going on when it looks different in different circumstancs
Camera is often hit or miss, sometimes it looks fine, other times it just looks wiry and wispy and terrible

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I turn on my mirror's bright integrated lights while brushing my teeth or shaving at the bathroom I can clearly notice the thinning at the front. I feel like that saved me since otherwise I would have probably noticed 3 or 4 years later.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I turn on my mirror's bright integrated lights while brushing my teeth or shaving at the bathroom I can clearly notice the thinning at the front. I feel like that saved me since otherwise I would have probably noticed 3 or 4 years later.
So a blessing in disguise then haha

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
None of us feared changing room lighting when we were 16 years old but how I used to hate three-way mirrors with terrible lighting once I noticed an incipient bald spot on top. Zoom can be a nightmare that I don't understand as one can look fine in the bathroom and then look terrible on Zoom. Maybe they will start improving laptop camera quality.