Does anybody have any firsthand Proof that Rogaine can work on the frontal hairline

bluestar99

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen hair doctors online say that rogaine does work on the frontal hairline. Though I've also heard information that it does not work on the front only on the back Crown. Does anybody have any first-hand proof that it does work other than the back crown?

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It definitely works on the hairline too, the many cases of people who got most of their frontal gains once they started taking it attest to that... Check the forums if you want, the main problem with minoxidil is that there's a sizable population (40% or so) who don't have enough of the enzyme required to get decent regrowth. That's why it's suggested to start with finasteride and then minoxidil after 8 months or a year.

MissingPixels

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was able to halt my receding hairline for over 2 years with rogaine.

Rogaine’s clinical studies were on the crown. The studies concluded with rather positive results. Instead of doing studies on the hairline and potentially having to report lower the numbers on how effective rogaine is, they just decided to advertise as if it’s only for the crown.

This is why some people think it doesn’t work on the hairline/temples but it does. Though anecdotally it’s harder to get regrowth in these areas with minoxidil alone.

bluestar99

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi thanks for that! You say it was able to hold your receding hairline for over two years. Would that mean that after two years it wasn't working out well or did your hair just recede at that point?

MissingPixels

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi thanks for that! You say it was able to hold your receding hairline for over two years. Would that mean that after two years it wasn't working out well or did your hair just recede at that point?
My hairline wasn’t moving, but after 2.5 years I started to need to apply the rogaine to a larger area above my my temples. Then I began losing density at my crown (wasn’t applying minoxidil there) so I just jumped on finasteride. I still use Rogaine though.

By the way I read another one of your threads. You mention you were shedding after using rogaine for a month. This is a good sign, it means you’re responding to the treatment. (Minoxidil syncs your hair’s growth cycle, which is why you’re shedding. The shedded hair will grow back, and likely more will as well.)

You mention you aren’t sure if you have male patterned baldness or not. I’m not sure either based on your pics. Treatments like finasteride only work if you have a DHT problem, so taking something like that may not work for you. Rogaine is probably your best bet. Rogaine + a derma roller/stamp/pen will probably help you out quite a bit.

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
33A12344-0E5A-49D0-915D-2BEAD8F83E23.png

yup

Fontaine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its just better to have hair end of the day, good to see you respond well.
I'm not that vinny guy but I seem to be responding well to minoxidil. Very heavy shed the past few days but upon cutting my hair to a 1 all over I can spot countless numbers of new hairs sprouting through in their place with plenty of vellus hairs seeming to sprout near the hairline
This is after 1 month so I hope I'll have great results after more months

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not that vinny guy but I seem to be responding well to minoxidil. Very heavy shed the past few days but upon cutting my hair to a 1 all over I can spot countless numbers of new hairs sprouting through in their place with plenty of vellus hairs seeming to sprout near the hairline
This is after 1 month so I hope I'll have great results after more months
Yeah similar to what happened with my situation 1-2 months hair looked hollow must of been the shed, then 2-3 lots of white hairs packed my hairline and sides, key sign to my later success.

Fontaine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah similar to what happened with my situation 1-2 months hair looked hollow must of been the shed, then 2-3 lots of white hairs packed my hairline and sides, key sign to my later success.
When did you really start to think "holy sh*t"?

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When did you really start to think "holy sh*t"?
I think it was 6 months, I took some pictures and was amazed tbh everything was so much denser and darker, went from being a brittle blonde to a light brown and got eye brows lol