Doctor Suggested 1500 Grafts For First Procedure (pic Inside)

baldandafraid94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thoughts on what the result would be for a transplant of 1500 grafts? He drew what the hairline would end up looking like and said I couldn't really get a straight hairline. My donor hair is good, but not great and he wouldn't want to do a big procedure on me because I'm still pretty young (23).

He said he'd place around 900 in that frontal area, and presumably fill in the other 600 in zones 2 and 3. Zone 4 I'm basically fucked for right now. Hopefully the preventative measures can give me some relief there.

I have thin hair to begin with, so I know I won't get the density that other people here get. Really anything in the front is better than what I have now. He is also affordable for a local US surgeon.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 668

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro 1500 graft transplants are for minimal hairline work type situations. You basically need your whole scalp covered as there doesn't appear to be anything left up top with aesthetic density

Do some research and find a respectable surgeon

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You need to start taking finasteride to save what you have, at 23 you are already a nw5. It would take 5k to 6k grafts to get full coverage, and for a 1st procedure you would want 2500 to 3000.

shookwun

Reaction score
will do nothing.

1500 will barely cover your frontal band,never mind your entire scalp

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP, you need to get on some serious hair loss drugs first. What are you taking currently?

You should be on finasteride + minoxidil topically at a minimum for a year before you get a procedure.

Ideally, you should be on dutasteride + minoxidil topically + 5-10 mg/day minoxidil orally.

You need massive natural regrowth to salvage your situation as you are thinning all over. Post back as a reply if you see this. I can give you advice on hair meds.