Do you have a brother with MBP?

Islander

Established Member
Reaction score
I am the only child myself, so can't add anything to the topic. But I often see some posters mention their brothers. Does your brother(s) follow the same male pattern baldness pattern? What is their attitude towards it?

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
My brothers who are now 26 and 28 have the same mature hairline (Norwood 2,5) since they were teens, so no thinning whatsoever. Me on the other hand had a better hairline than my brothers when I was teen but now i am problaby between Norwood 2,5 - 3. The difference is that i have been receding since I was 17 ( now 24) whereas my brother have no recession nor thinning at all. You can say that male pattern baldness has a little mercy on me compared to some people on his forum who practically shift up a Norwood scale within a year.

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
i have two older brothers and both have Androgenetic Alopecia - one has a good hair line and is diffusing and the other is exactly like me, receding (he is pretty much a hat prisoner atm)
both my brothers are distressed by Androgenetic Alopecia and i've told both of them about finasteride.

The hat prisoner brother did not go with finasteride and keeps talking about shaving his head and
the other asked me to supply his finasteride and has been taking it for a while now.

the brother that takes finasteride believes that hair loss has a massive negative effect on young guys and that it is one of the worst things that can happen.

blondguy

Reaction score
Both my brothers I can tell are dealing with hair loss. (My fraternal twin 28) and my older brother 30. For all of us we started showing signs around 26, and by 28 you could start to notice things. I think I have it worse then my brothers as I am starting to notice hair loss in the back of my head, which neither of them seem to be dealing with!

dude77

Reaction score
yep .. 3 brothers .. all have it .. one in his 40s has managed to have to some semblance of a hairline but diffuse thinning .. the other has hairloss but has halted it .. not sure what he's taking .. and the other one always had a thick full head of hair but now seems to have some crown thinning .. no one in my family escaped lol

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have a half brother who is 10 years older and his hair is great. On the plus side I'm taller than him.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
yep, one brother who did better than me for quite a few years but is now thinning a lot. he still hasn't receded as much as me but is thinned out way more than i have. he mentioned being scared for his hair a few months ago, i told him a while later about generic finasteride. i hope he's got on it, because i know he wants his hair but i don't know quite how aware he is of how rapidly hair can go once male pattern baldness starts.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
Two brothers:

First brother is 40, with a full head of hair. 2nd is 23, and starting to thin.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an older brother but I no nothing about his current hair situation as he is living on a different continent and we don't contact with each other. I know it's mean but I hope he has hairloss too lol.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1 brother, he is three years older than me. Like me he had pretty aggressive recession, but never suffered from hair loss on the crown. I would say that overall my hairloss was more aggressive, but we both started around the age of 17. Anyway after noticing my results he is now on treatment too. He has the same attitude as me, i.e. not wanting to accept hairloss, but perhaps my view was more extreme as he never sought out treatment until i had.

hpem

Reaction score
I have a younger brother who is 24 and is beginning to clearly show signs of male pattern baldness (thinning crown and receding hairline).

I myself (26) am currently nowhere near as bad as him. I'm currently at a NW2 with light thinning. Still hard to tell.

Baldness is very prevalent on my mother's side but practically nonexistent on my father's. Hell, my old man is 70 and never lost his teenage hairline. Lucky bastard.

Another

Reaction score
Yeah, two years older, but he doesn't give a ... about it. Also, he started balding at a later age than I. I'd say he is an NW4. I'm 33 with NW6.

resu

Reaction score
My brother is 7 years older (36) and he has zero hair loss, he's also less hairy, pretty much explains it.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
One younger brother who is NW5 but takes much better care of himself than I do. We are like night and day despite our obvious similarity.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
ricky-and-matthew-hatton-pic-getty-images-300440756.jpg

Hatton brothers. Bald is younger

hpem

Reaction score
My brother is 7 years older (36) and he has zero hair loss, he's also less hairy, pretty much explains it.

My younger brother has way more body hair than me, and is balding at a much faster rate.